Drastic Times/Drastic Measures

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have driver's laid off in our center and now they're about to cut the hours for the customer counter. The counter is normally opened from 9:15 to 1730 with the girls splitting the shifts equally. What happens now? 2 girls will be bumped, but to where?

If this is happening in our small center, what's happening where you are located? How far do you think these cuts will go?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have driver's laid off in our center and now there about to cut the hours for the customer counter. The counter is normally opened from 9:15 to 1730 with the girls splitting the shifts equally. What happens now? 2 girls will be bumped, but to where?

If this is happening in our small center, what's happening where you are located? How far do you think these cuts will go?

... girls?

OK more and dilli go for it. I'm leaving before the sharks start to circle. :sweating:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our customer counter is only open 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I guess they will have to bump back into preload or reload.

brownrodster

Our counter opens in the afternoon. We have people coming all day everyday only to become upset when they realize how horrible our customer counter hours are.

Customer service is our 10th priority.

The customer counter at my little home center is only open from 3-6,always has been. The lovely Cach doesn`t even have one anymore.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK BOYS! I just walked in the door and I am on my way to the shower, which is probably a good thing for you guys, but I will be back in a few. :grrr:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have always had ridiculous Customer Counter hours in my small hub. Its something like 10AM-2PM and 4-7PM. UPS quit really caring about customers a few years ago. I still think we should have never gone public.

DS

Fenderbender
Our customer counter is always busy.They open at 8AM and close at 7:30 pm sometimes on Friday nights there's a huge lineup to p/u pkgs.At 7:30 they send them away pkgless.I dont understand the logic.They should be open 24/7.Imagine all the on road hours saved because we dont have to deliver them.We are really busy in Toronto,no layoffs,but cutbacks causing missed pickups because someone in Atlanta or Louisville or wherever sez were not.Last Wednesday,in my area,they sent a 5 ton to p/u 18 skids ,but it already had 3 skids in it and they had to scramble 3 pkg cars to do cleanup.Unfortunately we showed up @ 4:20 and the boss told us to go away because he was not going to pay overtime to his employees to load us up because they close @ 4:30.He was really pissed off and I don't blame him.There may be a recession there but we aren't seeing it here.
btw the next day,there was a feeder,a 5 ton and two of us there and he sez,yesterday,I got ignored,todays its a freakin; ups convention.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hello Boys, I'm back.......................... wearing my Boston Red Sox night shirt, ready to kick some boys butts! :grrr:

Steeeeven, the term 'girls' would suggest children, as in your daughters. Women would indicate adults which, I'm sure, is what UPS hired to work at the customer service counter. :surprised:

Cache.................. chicks? really? 'Chicks' is sooooooo 70's.:knockedout:

Over............. I can't believe you actually said that. You should have your mouth washed out with soap!:sick:

Hoax, ooooh no you don't. You aren't sneaking out the door that easily. Get back in here mister. You are terrible.....................:wink2:

:tt2::tt2::tt2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hello Boys, I'm back.......................... wearing my Boston Red Sox night shirt, ready to kick some boys butts! :grrr:

Steeeeven, the term 'girls' would suggest children, as in your daughters. Women would indicate adults which, I'm sure, is what UPS hired to work at the customer service counter. :surprised:

Cache.................. chicks? really? 'Chicks' is sooooooo 70's.:knockedout:

Over............. I can't believe you actually said that. You should have your mouth washed out with soap!:sick:

Hoax, ooooh no you don't. You aren't sneaking out the door that easily. Get back in here mister. You are terrible.....................:wink2:

:tt2::tt2::tt2:

[video=youtube;z0XAI-PFQcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XAI-PFQcA[/video]

fethrs

My job at the Counter was dissolved when I was laid off. The only people there now are regular full timers and a few part timers who fill in when needed. Our hours are something like 8-9 the Counter is open from 10-1 on Saturdays. The combo people who were laid off from the Counter have to split shift or try to find hours somewhere else in the hub.
Hope that helps, dude!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Out west the clerks are in a different union then the package handlers and drivers, so when they lose thier job they either go to another building if thier seniority allows or they are just SOL. With EDD and all of the other enhancements to our DIAD I believe that clerks will soon be a thing of the past. From what Ive heard from upper management UPS is doing everything in thier power to eliminate any and all jobs that are pure cost. Someday I believe that mechanics, auto painters, carwashers and clerks will just be a memory. Thats what a profit driven Wall Street gives you.