Dreams of Entrepreneurial Glory

bacha29

Hey youns guys! I know that some you yearn for the chance to "build your own business".(LMFAO!) So here's your chance to make your mark.
Ground is now permitting contractors to hire people to deliver out of their own personal private vehicle......and some are paying as much as a whooping $2.50 a stop!

Now let's look at this extraordinary opportunity:

1. Having the chance to learn why it's called "Ground" It's because that's what you
your bumper will be dragging on when you leave the terminal in the AM which will
be around 11:45 after you've cleaned up the sort mess, loaded up and finally on
your way.

2. You can take long and pleasant trips out into the country without ever being
annoyed by another Ground truck because the reason why you're out there
is because where you're going......they ain't going. And be sure to bring a set
of binoculars with you because when you get stuck and spend the rest of the
day waiting for a wrecker to finally get there to pull you out that is if it
can even find you , you can spend the day bird watching admiring the scenery
and watching planes go over. But be sure to bring enough cash with you to pay
the wrecker bill along with a blanket and an MRE just in case you find yourself
spending the night out there.

3. Now if you're one of those people who just adores a penthouse view you can
expand your knowledge of the city by being sent into that part which could use
a bit of D9 style remodeling provided that you're at battalion strength and have air cover. Once there you'll get a chance to set records such
as the number of times in a week you're the victim of an armed robbery along
with a greater appreciation for going home at night (most of the time after mid-
night) with a greater appreciation for having your head still connected to your
shoulders

4. Now from time to time we all have to deal with the bureaucracy and in this case
you'll be given a chance of your own such as trying to successfully convince law
enforcement that the fact that you while you were running a commercial delivery
service with no PUC number and running on private passenger vehicle insurance
this was all the result of unintended consequences and that you will make things
right.... right after you pay the fine and serve time for willful insurance fraud.

5. This is just a small sampling of the extraordinary opportunity to run boxes out of
your car. So get after it and cherish the experience before the next lucky
contestant jumps the line ahead of you.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Hey youns guys! I know that some you yearn for the chance to "build your own business".(LMFAO!) So here's your chance to make your mark.
Ground is now permitting contractors to hire people to deliver out of their own personal private vehicle......and some are paying as much as a whooping $2.50 a stop!

Now let's look at this extraordinary opportunity:

1. Having the chance to learn why it's called "Ground" It's because that's what you
your bumper will be dragging on when you leave the terminal in the AM which will
be around 11:45 after you've cleaned up the sort mess, loaded up and finally on
your way.

2. You can take long and pleasant trips out into the country without ever being
annoyed by another Ground truck because the reason why you're out there
is because where you're going......they ain't going. And be sure to bring a set
of binoculars with you because when you get stuck and spend the rest of the
day waiting for a wrecker to finally get there to pull you out that is if it
can even find you , you can spend the day bird watching admiring the scenery
and watching planes go over. But be sure to bring enough cash with you to pay
the wrecker bill along with a blanket and an MRE just in case you find yourself
spending the night out there.

3. Now if you're one of those people who just adores a penthouse view you can
expand your knowledge of the city by being sent into that part which could use
a bit of D9 style remodeling provided that you're at battalion strength and have air cover. Once there you'll get a chance to set records such
as the number of times in a week you're the victim of an armed robbery along
with a greater appreciation for going home at night (most of the time after mid-
night) with a greater appreciation for having your head still connected to your
shoulders

4. Now from time to time we all have to deal with the bureaucracy and in this case
you'll be given a chance of your own such as trying to successfully convince law
this was all the result of unintended consequences and that you will make things
right.... right after you pay the fine and serve time for willful insurance fraud.

5. This is just a small sampling of the extraordinary opportunity to run boxes out of
your car. So get after it and cherish the experience before the next lucky
contestant jumps the line ahead of you.
PPV's, on the Brown side they're called PVD's. I don't think you're too far off from the truth if someone is checking trying this for employment. Also, the Teamster faithful don't like PVD's, so yes, they'll kick out the hood or nasty shag stops. Plus, offer very little useful information for helpful deliveries to a PVD.

Sometimes it works out for former employees. A new hire right off the street as your PPD or PVD would be better off to try to get on PT or FT as a career.

You're funny, but speak the truth.

dmac1

There are plenty of personal vehicles out there today doing commercial work without the licensing and insurance commercially registered vehicles are required to have. Just think Uber, Lyft, Instacart, newspaper carriers and so on. All those vehicles out there, under-insured and mostly un-inspected by any authority, are there because of the laws allowing "contractors" to take a lot of the liability and costs off of business.

Taxpayers are making up some of the costs business should have paid- with 'contractors' being allowed to collect unemployment during the corona virus outbreak as one example. Some of these people are getting food stamps and medicaid as low paid contractors, and the general public doesn't realize that they are picking up the slack from wealthy companies dumping costs, and because they are using contractors, they can claim that all their employees are covered with health insurance and have great benefits, and the public never knows. It's like fedex ground vs fedex express drivers. The general public still thinks that a fedex ground driver is a fedex employee, and of course fedex treats employees well and offers great benefits.

bacha29

There are plenty of personal vehicles out there today doing commercial work without the licensing and insurance commercially registered vehicles are required to have. Just think Uber, Lyft, Instacart, newspaper carriers and so on. All those vehicles out there, under-insured and mostly un-inspected by any authority, are there because of the laws allowing "contractors" to take a lot of the liability and costs off of business.

Taxpayers are making up some of the costs business should have paid- with 'contractors' being allowed to collect unemployment during the corona virus outbreak as one example. Some of these people are getting food stamps and medicaid as low paid contractors, and the general public doesn't realize that they are picking up the slack from wealthy companies dumping costs, and because they are using contractors, they can claim that all their employees are covered with health insurance and have great benefits, and the public never knows. It's like fedex ground vs fedex express drivers. The general public still thinks that a fedex ground driver is a fedex employee, and of course fedex treats employees well and offers great benefits.
All you have to do is to look at how Walmart started raising wages but only after they started feeling the heat from the "fake press". It will take some time but when where and how a company can use contractors along with a tighter definition of just exactly what is a "contractor" will come about after more public attention is focused on how they are misused and the extent to which taxpayers are subsidizing their incomes through low income assistance programs.

As far as the public perception of fedex drivers there are still some people out there who believe that they are federally commissioned employees. But when the cost of waiting on people hand and foot becomes too high people will get off their lazy rectums and learn to do more for themselves

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Now from time to time we all have to deal with the bureaucracy and in this case

LOL, that's not insurance fraud. The penalty for doing commercial work in your personal vehicle is that they may cancel your policy.

bacha29

LOL, that's not insurance fraud. The penalty for doing commercial work in your personal vehicle is that they may cancel your policy.
A few years back county of two from mine a guy named Brubaker started hauling Amish in this barely legal old van with bad tires insured as a private passenger vehicle by "Jake" dressed in khakis . Well, the guy blows out a bad tire, jumps the medial and hits semi head on . He killed 3 of the Amish in the van. He was lucky. He got killed as well. Now after "Jake", had to pay out a feces load of money , an enormous claim "Jake" let it be plainly known how he felt publicly Now to paraphrase "Jake" what he said was "This is flat out insurance fraud. If we catch you SOB's doing this we will cancel your policy and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. And if you get in a wreck while you're doing this we will not only deny the claim we'll cancel your policy and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law". The fact that you are willfully and knowingly engaging in an activity that clearly represents insurance fraud it doesn't require filing a claim to be guilty of insurance fraud because you've been willfully committing it all along.

Last peak season when UPS put out the call for PVD's I got curious because "Jake" insures everything I've got. So I called the agent and asked if "Jake" had changed his mind in any way.......The answer was a flat out ....."NO!" Now "Jake" is a mutual insurance company which means that everybody's got a stake in it and so "Jake" naturally takes a genuine disliking to somebody who cheats.

vantexan

A few years back county of two from mine a guy named Brubaker started hauling Amish in this barely legal old van with bad tires insured as a private passenger vehicle by "Jake" dressed in khakis . Well, the guy blows out a bad tire, jumps the medial and hits semi head on . He killed 3 of the Amish in the van. He was lucky. He got killed as well. Now after "Jake", had to pay out a feces load of money , an enormous claim "Jake" let it be plainly known how he felt publicly Now to paraphrase "Jake" what he said was "This is flat out insurance fraud. If we catch you SOB's doing this we will cancel your policy and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. And if you get in a wreck while you're doing this we will not only deny the claim we'll cancel your policy and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law". The fact that you are willfully and knowingly engaging in an activity that clearly represents insurance fraud it doesn't require filing a claim to be guilty of insurance fraud because you've been willfully committing it all along.

Last peak season when UPS put out the call for PVD's I got curious because "Jake" insures everything I've got. So I called the agent and asked if "Jake" had changed his mind in any way.......The answer was a flat out ....."NO!" Now "Jake" is a mutual insurance company which means that everybody's got a stake in it and so "Jake" naturally takes a genuine disliking to somebody who cheats.
Was that "Jake" at State Farm? Was he wearing khakis? :)

bacha29

Was that "Jake" at State Farm? Was he wearing khakis? :)
I mentioned that he was earlier and Fred's Myth's post clearly sets the record straight. Thank you FM. All we have to do now is to wait for Dano. Can't wait to see his pathetic attempt at saving face.
In fact in a neighboring town we had this guy who was running a windshield repair shop . He caught caught ripping off car insurers. Fine, probation and lost his business license. And btw, some years back I talked to "Jake" about people out there hauling Amish on private vehicle insurance......"Jake" told me to get their plate numbers.

59 Dano

Don’t think the insurers agree with you.

How to Catch Commercial Auto Use Fraud

That article references turning in a commercial claim under a personal policy in an attempt to collect damages that you aren't due. Operating under a personal policy isn't a crime, and experience --and your article-- highlights the point that the insured may never be asked if he'll be using his car for commercial purposes when he buys the policy. Nor is he under any requirement to say so.

59 Dano

Cool story, bro.

But you can't prosecute someone for operating on a personal policy unless they have jing weeds versions of laws.

59 Dano

I mentioned that he was earlier and Fred's Myth's post clearly sets the record straight. Thank you FM. All we have to do now is to wait for Dano. Can't wait to see his pathetic attempt at saving face.
In fact in a neighboring town we had this guy who was running a windshield repair shop . He caught caught ripping off car insurers. Fine, probation and lost his business license. And btw, some years back I talked to "Jake" about people out there hauling Amish on private vehicle insurance......"Jake" told me to get their plate numbers.

"I have this long, drawn-out anecdote that I made up to combat a reasoned, logical response."

59 Dano

Doesn't matter how reasoned and logical YOUR response might be. it still was wrong.

In reality, it's not so much a reasoned and logical response as it was a recitation of facts that anyone could find if they made the effort. Don't know why you feel that making up a silly story is the better avenue.

bacha29

That article references turning in a commercial claim under a personal policy in an attempt to collect damages that you aren't due. Operating under a personal policy isn't a crime, and experience --and your article-- highlights the point that the insured may never be asked if he'll be using his car for commercial purposes when he buys the policy. Nor is he under any requirement to say so.
But when you sign your name to that private motor vehicle policy it is a legal document whereby you swear on the record that this is a legally binding contract , that you understand it's terms, conditions and limitations and that the vehicle will in fact be used in a manner that is in accordance with the description set forth in the contract .
Therefore if the carrier can catch you lying about how you're using that vehicle and has a genuine yearning to make an example out of somebody you might just be the next lucky contestant. It's simply a case where you cheated and you got caught.

59 Dano

But when you sign your name to that private motor vehicle policy it is a legal document whereby you swear on the record that this is a legally binding contract , that you understand it's terms, conditions and limitations and that the vehicle will in fact be used in a manner that is in accordance with the description set forth in the contract .
Therefore if the carrier can catch you lying about how you're using that vehicle and has a genuine yearning to make an example out of somebody you might just be the next lucky contestant. It's simply a case where you cheated and you got caught.

They would cancel your policy if they found out. They can threaten whatever they want. At best they can sue for the difference between the premiums you paid and the premiums you would have been required to pay had you purchased a policy that covered your car for commercial purposes from the start of the policy period to the moment that the policy was cancelled. The reality of that is that it's not worth the time and effort and they just cancel you and move on to something else.

bacha29

They would cancel your policy if they found out. They can threaten whatever they want. At best they can sue for the difference between the premiums you paid and the premiums you would have been required to pay had you purchased a policy that covered your car for commercial purposes from the start of the policy period to the moment that the policy was cancelled. The reality of that is that it's not worth the time and effort and they just cancel you and move on to something else.
Under MaCarron -Ferguson states are granted the right to license and regulate insurers operating inside their state and so from a prosecutorial perspective how far an insurer can pursue the matter would likely vary from state to state along with how far along that state's AG will agree to pursue the matter. But in any event "jake" has no mercy for crooks. In fact he announced a few years back that he was pulling out of the Florida homeowners insurance business. Too many hurricanes too hard to accurately assess the risk factors.

XEQaF

What I find ironically funny is forever FXG has been adamant about 'this is what vehicle you need to buy' 'this is how we represent our brand' 'making sure to scrutinize your fleet for scratches etc' 'make sure the logos aren't faded' 'you can't buy anything unless we approve it and give it a number' 'we have to put cameras on every corner of the vehicle' and on and on.
Contractors be like: stay out of my business, all you need to worry about is that package being delivered even if I deliver it on a donkey!
Aaaaand now this... lol sounds like a move of utter desperation