Dreams?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Does anyone have UPS dreams like this?

1. Upon returning my car after the last pickup at 1745, I find my package car full of pickups and all the parcels I've delivered including NDA. Panic sets in as my mind races on how to deliver everything. I decide to run NDA, drop the pickups, run business and then resi..If I hurry I'll be done by 0130.

2. I'm trying to deliver the last 5 resi stops while dodging a gang of zombies. I run full speed at every stop and just beat them back to the package car, but at the next to last stop I'm caught. While screaming I wonder how I can deliver the last stop if I'm dead.

Last edited:

curiousbrain

2. I'm trying to deliver the last 5 resi stops while dodging a gang of zombies. I run full speed at every stop and just beat them back to the package car, but at the next to last stop I'm caught. While screaming I wonder how I can deliver the last stop if I'm dead.

I smell fan fiction.

over9five

Staff member

Yes! Except that as I'm running from the Zombies I'm frantically reading thru my contract book trying to find the article about being chased by Zombies! I know it's in there, why can't I find it?!?!??

robot

Has A Large Member
Whenever I have a dream about work, the hub is always dark and cavelike.

The last work related dream I had I recall seeing my preloader strapping rolls of fabric on top of my package car.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to "deliver packages in my sleep". Now I have learned how to block all memories of nightmares like that, I don't remember them anymore.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a reoccuring nightmare about going home on my lunch hour to take a nap, and waking up at 6:00 in the evening and realizing that I just missed 30 pickup stops and half a day's worth of business deliveries.

Another nightmare involves getting to the top of a hill and looking in my rear-view mirror and seeing my pup trailer unhooked and rolling backwards down the hill while cars swerve to dodge it and wind up crashing into each other.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nightmares instead of dreams mostly about work. And believe it or not, the frequency and theme varied as to the management at the time. There were times I did not have a nightmare for years, then it would be either every or every other night. Pretty much follows the type listed here, but for the Zombies. Many times too it had to deal with getting pinned for something that I know I didnt/wouldnt ever do.

And maybe the weirdest was delivering in nothing but my undies.

I dun-know, the stress of the job overwhelms you even when you rest.

d

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yea, I get work related dreams all the time. Like I walk into a car, load a package then look at each one in the car and their missloads, each and everyone. Or I wake myself from walking motions in bed. Another I had awhile ago is when there were hundreds of eregs on my side and everyone was telling me to do them all by myself. This job sure deals out its lines of nightmares and dreams.

Anyone have/ had work related dreams when working in the building?

rod

Retired 22 years
I had those dreams all the time when I was working. Now my "UPS Nightmare" only consists of dreaming I have to go to work.

Leftinbuilding

When I was a driver, a nightmare on the Sunday night after a vacation was automatic. Usually involved being unable to finish. Been retired almost two years and still have an occasional nightmare.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Anyone have/ had work related dreams when working in the building?

oh yeah. they monotony of fulltime sorting and loading package cars for 20 years is permanently ingrained in my subconscious. mostly sorting dreams. i sorted for a lot of years before smart label when we had charts and you had to memorize addresses. so many addresses. :knockedout:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
oh yeah. they monotony of fulltime sorting and loading package cars for 20 years is permanently ingrained in my subconscious. mostly sorting dreams. i sorted for a lot of years before smart label when we had charts and you had to memorize addresses. so many addresses. :knockedout:

Oh I can only imagen the horrors. I have nightmares of a soup that talks in a single tone and is annoying as all hell. I'm amazed that I dont hear the ringing of the buzzer that blares out every 5 mintues.

To be honest I wish I learned the address before pass. But all those numbers would strike a tone in the mind echoing long throughout time.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
When I was a driver, a nightmare on the Sunday night after a vacation was automatic. Usually involved being unable to finish. Been retired almost two years and still have an occasional nightmare.

Wow, sums it up really.

It almost seems like flash backs for those who been in war type scenarios.

As for rod, yea, thats about what it is for me now. Weekends are too short in my opinion.

The Milkman

Does anyone have UPS dreams like this?

1. Upon returning my car after the last pickup at 1745, I find my package car full of pickups and all the parcels I've delivered including NDA. Panic sets in as my mind races on how to deliver everything. I decide to run NDA, drop the pickups, run business and then resi..If I hurry I'll be done by 0130.

Package Car Fever:greedy:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There were times I would not go to sleep on sunday nights. Put off going to work. Only result was that I ended up tired as heck the rest of the week, cause monday mornin still came around.

I dont miss those days........

d

whiskey

I have a reoccurring nightmare where I'm doing a route blind and I'm in a shopping mall. And this town is out of area. I get lost inside the mall and start to panic when I discover I gave a COD to a customer without getting a check. In my panic, I find my way outside. It's pouring rain out. In the parking lot there is a pickup truck with a UPS driver I know.He is in the back. He is dressed like a Gloucester fisherman. And he is throwing fish out of the bed of the pickup truck onto the parking lot. Alternating one side to another. And he keeps repeating in a monotone voice, "You can't have any driver releases". Over and over and over again.