Dreams?

I am so glad I am not the only one who had UPS nightmares. (I'm currently in between becoming a part time super from a casual driver, I drove for 6 months). My first day alone, without the supervisor was a complete living nightmare. The roads where I am are a joke and there is 0 method to the madness. I was 350 clicks over and I knew the job, but didn't know the craziness of the roads and numbers (dirt and unmarked). I went home that night and didn't get more than 20 minutes of straight sleep. I had one dream that I was getting a Sig and I saw the truck rolling right of the side of a mountain and flipping down it. (Handbrake was adjusted to full braking power after that, it was hard to put on). I had nightmares about hitting cars. I had nightmares about dogs. I had nightmares that it was 4PM and I still had like 120 stops. It got so bad, that even when I was woke from the nightmare, it still felt real. 2 months of being laid off and they still happen frequently. And yes, about the comment about "war and flashbacks" I totally agree. When the DIAD made that noise, I was so worried to check.

Re-Raise

I have dreams sometimes that I am delivering and don't know the route and can't make any progress.

I also dream that the truck is sliding out of control and I know the impact is coming.

No zombies until now. Thanks for loading that in my brain.

CustomerConcern

I have had UPS dreams for every position I have had since starting. Peak always brings them out more, that and new Mgt teams. We have a standing joke at work that new guys aren't REAL UPSers untill they ask this same question.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I have had UPS dreams for every position I have had since starting. Peak always brings them out more, that and new Mgt teams. We have a standing joke at work that new guys aren't REAL UPSers untill they ask this same question.

Ha, anit that the truth. I usally tell new hires when they start having dreams about working here is the day UPS owns you.

bigblu 2 you

the ever growing stops dream? every time you slide the bulk head door open there are more stops and its like 11 or 12oclock and you just cant get done.or the one year they gave me a female college age jumper,,,,boy she smelt good.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
When I was a sorter on a belt I used to have nightmares where I couldn't find the labels on the packages coming at me. I'd be frantically flipping packages all over looking for the labels with no luck. The packages would be going by and the belt wouldn't go off. It was very stressful. The best part was waking up and realizing it was just a dream. That's always a great feeling.