Dress Code/Handbook

Is your Center Manager rude for no reason?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

talkingtalking01

Seems like every time my husband gets a new center manager :censored2: hits the fan. This new guy wants to enforce rules that have never been a problem with him for almost 10 years he has been with UPS. Is there a handbook of rules that are universal to UPS? Dress code? Seat belt rules? Things like that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Seems like every time my husband gets a new center manager :censored2: hits the fan. This new guy wants to enforce rules that have never been a problem with him for almost 10 years he has been with UPS. Is there a handbook of rules that are universal to UPS? Dress code? Seat belt rules? Things like that.
Management loves to wave their tired saber and start enforcing this rule or that one. What goes one one day doesn't fly the.next. It's all part of the big Brown game.

PT Car Washer

There is a national standard but I believe the Center Manager has some discretion on how they will be enforced. At least until the Division Manager gets involved.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Probably smells like new manager too. Seriously though, it usually depends on what kind of mood my center manager is in at the time. When it comes to pooty tooty little rules though, there's another sup who's even more anal about everything. And he's not new either.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The problem that I see in my center is they bust balls about stupid rules...like polish your shoes. Meanwhile, we have a few drivers that come in wearing dirty uniforms and reek of B.O...and that's okay apparently. We had one guy, now retired who you couldn't get within 3 feet of him because he stank so bad of cigar smoke...and I'm a smoker....and I couldn't stand it.

HardknocksUPSer

The problem that I see in my center is they bust balls about stupid rules...like polish your shoes. Meanwhile, we have a few drivers that come in wearing dirty uniforms and reek of B.O...and that's okay apparently. We had one guy, now retired who you couldn't get within 3 feet of him because he stank so bad of cigar smoke...and I'm a smoker....and I couldn't stand it.
There's a driver that comes in every morning he smells just like a black and mild wine wood tip, kind of makes my day better.

T

talkingtalking01

This manager also threatened taking him off his route and putting someone else on it. He is not playing nice because my husband said he wanted to see what he was talking about in writing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes your husband needs to shave And wear proper attire and footwear.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had a center manager,give me crap about moustache. Aso I trimmed it down and cut one side of it off. Went to work with a half of moustache..lol. Never another word said.

My co- workers were cracking up.
You should have not worn an undershirt and comb all your chest hair up over the shirt..and make sure to unbutton a few buttons...Top it off with a couple gold chains....see what they say about that

T

talkingtalking01

Yes your husband needs to shave And wear proper attire and footwear.
He does. Just petty stuff. It is more of a "ha gotcha" moment when they think he did something wrong. Every time he can show proof of all that he has done correctly.