Dress Code Question

hope8283

Hi!

I have an interview coming up next week for Driver Helper and I was wondering if they are going to have a problem with my hair. I have a stripe of pink on the one side of my hair. It is underneath some hair so not super noticeable but it is still there. I was just wondering if they allowed non-natural hair colors.

Thanks

Misty

gingerkat

Why is my age relevant to my question?

Because at some point you have to grow up.

If you want to be taken seriously, you must act the part. No matter what job you interview for in life, you must act like it's a serious job. When you are out and about representing UPS in a uniform they provide you, try to look like a grown woman. Pink hair is for teenagers

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes good point...i wouldn't even show up at a job interview with multi colored hair....let alone assume I'd be allowed to perform my new job that way.

Ignore the old farts and hide your color at the interview, under a hat at start of work,and once you're on route your driver won't give a flip.

gingerkat

Awww, I'm sorry honey...

How about this. Get a paper bag, cut holes where the eyes, nose, mouth should be and voila, no problem with pink hair.

See how it is? Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer

The kids a temp. Give her a break. At least she's trying to get a job. They sure wouldn't GAF what color her hair is if she was on welfare with 6 kids by 12 babydaddys.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The kids a temp. Give her a break. At least she's trying to get a job. They sure wouldn't GAF what color her hair is if she was on welfare with 6 kids by 12 babydaddys.
6 kids...12 daddys? Hmmm....that sounds like ups math!! lol but point taken, sir....and a good one at that!

hope8283

I am 31. I am a mother of 3. I have one little stripe of pink that I have had for 5 years. I put it in since my baby sister got diagnosed with cancer. She is now dead and I keep it in remembrance of her. I am grown up. I hope that answers your question.

hope8283

This wasn't a dumb question. If this is the way that people from ups treat each other, I'd rather not even interview. Thanks for the heads up.

PT Car Washer

I have seen a lot worse inside the hub. Green hair, pink hair, gauges, tats, chicken bones through the nose. And that is on twi. You can imagine what midnight sort is like.

gingerkat

This wasn't a dumb question. If this is the way that people from ups treat each other, I'd rather not even interview. Thanks for the heads up.
I'm sorry for what you have gone through. With that being said, I still think it was a dumb question. Anyone your age should absolutely know what kind of things to do or not to do in an interview. Always dress to impress and if you think that is dumb, then maybe it's time to stay home.

For anyone that thinks I'm catty, well that is fine. FYI, I was a driver helper last year and I'm older than OP. I don't care what kind of job I interviewed for, I would make sure I looked respectable, because the first impression is with the eyes.