Drinking one last time before I start my job at UPS..

W

What The Hawk?

For the record, no I'm not drunk (at one beer at the moment). :-) I don't want to be one of those people who chooses alcohol over a good job. Some may argue cause I just got hired as "only a preloader" but to me this is the door I've been looking for, a way into a career I will enjoy. So I figure I'll be starting my early AM shifts next week, I just want to enjoy a few beers in the evening, one last time. Have any of you had to make sacrifices in for your UPS job? How did it go?

km3

Have any of you had to make sacrifices in for your UPS job?

My dignity took a hit. I also couldn't keep my other job, which I liked, because of scheduling conflicts. Of course, that job paid less with no benefits so it's the work itself I miss.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
For the record, no I'm not drunk (at one beer at the moment). :-) I don't want to be one of those people who chooses alcohol over a good job. Some may argue cause I just got hired as "only a preloader" but to me this is the door I've been looking for, a way into a career I will enjoy. So I figure I'll be starting my early AM shifts next week, I just want to enjoy a few beers in the evening, one last time. Have any of you had to make sacrifices in for your UPS job? How did it go?
If you are even thinking like this, you might want to become a friend of Bill W.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sacrifices for working PT preload? Not really....except during peak when all you basically have time to do is work and sleep.

rod

Retired 22 years

The preloaders are mostly druggies anyway. You may as well give up the beer and booze if you want to associate with them.:-)

W

What The Hawk?

No I'm done drinking. It's freaking stupid anyway. This job is more important and can lead to a career.

W

What The Hawk?

I might be going to orientation tomorrow if they call me so last night was my last time. Don't want to mess this up.