Drinking (Serious)

542thruNthru

Is it normal to look forward to that after work drink (or 5) when you still have 30 stops to go?

I start thinking of drinking when I've done 15 stops and have 110 left.

giphy-50.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I see the same guys stopping at the nearest corner store for a drink for the ride home. I’ve never understood the need to crack open a beer as soon as you leave work, but to each their own.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you have to ask, it’s probably bad.
That is the key, right there.

A guy that I used to hang out with spent 5 minutes justifying how much he drinks to me. I am an alcoholic and have been sober for 30+ years. If you are compelled to justify your drinking to an alcoholic, you have a problem. The gentleman that I am referring to, died of liver disease 3 weeks ago, after being fired when his boss found liquor bottles hidden in his desk at work.

The big indicator for me, was that when I started drinking, I did not stop until I went to bed. Before I started, I checked to see how much was in the fridge, if there were not at least 6, I did not start.

I quit when my oldest daughter was 4 months old. My daughters learned how to have fun without drinking and so far, the have steered clear of alcohol issues.

Zowert

Yes. I grab a six pack of Modelo on my way home from work, pretty much every night.

I don’t drink it until I get home of course.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I see the same guys stopping at the nearest corner store for a drink for the ride home. I’ve never understood the need to crack open a beer as soon as you leave work, but to each their own.
They think they’re drinking their problems away when in reality they’re only temporarily postponing those problems and creating even worse ones by drinking all the time.