Driver almost killed me today, I threatened to sue UPS if it happens one more time!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is not the first time, this has happened 6 times to me and other unloaders. But this is the worst it has ever gotten. While I was unloading the brown truck today, a driver drove off today with me in the package delivery car and I fell forward into the metro then I quickly grabbed onto the pole in the package car. I'm not even going to blame the drivers, because I know that it's the ignorant managers' fault for not even setting some damn rules for drivers to follow when they're driving off. I quickly dropped some friend bombs and scream out and warned him to stop the effing truck right now. I got a little cut on my elbow. The ft supervisors and the manager quickly ran over to see what happen. The shop steward was off today so I couldn't get to tell him about it. I threaten the building manager that I'll surely pursue legal actions if this happens to anyone in the building again. They told me that I can take the rest of the week and next week off and I'll get paid for it. I know this is their incentive for me not to go further and press charges. I don't think I'm going to pursue any further with any legal actions because it was just a minor incident and I didn't get hurt but a little cut. Plus I get along really well with the ft supervisor, so I don't want to put his job in jeopardy. But If it wasn't for that metro that extended into the package car, god forbid, but I would probably be dead right now. Has this ever happened to anyone on here before, or have you ever heard of this happening to someone

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Re: Driver almost killed me today, I threatened to sue UPS if it happens one more tim

This is not the first time, this has happened 6 times to me and other unloaders. But this is the worst it has ever gotten. While I was unloading the brown truck today, a driver drove off today with me in the package delivery car and I fell forward into the metro then I quickly grabbed onto the pole in the package car. I'm not even going to blame the drivers, because I know that it's the ignorant managers' fault for not even setting some damn rules for drivers to follow when they're driving off. I quickly dropped some friend bombs and scream out and warned him to stop the effing truck right now. I got a little cut on my elbow. The ft supervisors and the manager quickly ran over to see what happen. The shop steward was off today so I couldn't get to tell him about it. I threaten the building manager that I'll surely pursue legal actions if this happens to anyone in the building again. They told me that I can take the rest of the week and next week off and I'll get paid for it. I know this is their incentive for me not to go further and press charges. I don't think I'm going to pursue any further with any legal actions because it was just a minor incident and I didn't get hurt but a little cut. Plus I get along really well with the ft supervisor, so I don't want to put his job in jeopardy. But If it wasn't for that metro that extended into the package car, god forbid, but I would probably be dead right now. Has this ever happened to anyone on here before, or have you ever heard of this happening to someone
I'm a little confused. I thought you unloaded trailers, not package cars. They might have given you this week and next off, but I doubt they're going to pay you for it (even if that's what they told you), if you don't have any time off accrued. I would def talk to your shop steward ASAP.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Driver almost killed me today, I threatened to sue UPS if it happens one more tim

I'm a little confused. I thought you unloaded trailers, not package cars. They might have given you this week and next off, but I doubt they're going to pay you for it (even if that's what they told you), if you don't have any time off accrued. I would def talk to your shop steward ASAP.
I unload both. But the trailers are rare. I only get them like twice a week - no more than 2 a day. I'm going to talk to my shop steward first thing in the morning.

Loyal Teamster

You don't want to put the job in risk? hahahaha we have a strict no retaliation policy.
DON'T SIGN ANYTHING
If i were you, i'd already be suing the friend*k out of UPS, for repeat negligence & anything else i can get out of it. I recommend talking to a lawyer and take start Legal Action. "i'M TALKING MILLIONS N****A I'M TALK'N MILLIONS"

Thanks
Loyal Teamster

Returntosender

Bcause of this. Now Atlanta is going to mandate orange cones in front of package car currently being unload. Or unloaders take the FOB so no shifter/driver moves the cars. Since nothing bad happened to you. It will be same plan as yesterday .

Returntosender

You don't want to put the job in risk? hahahaha we have a strict no retaliation policy.
DON'T SIGN ANYTHING
If i were you, i'd already be suing the friend*k out of UPS, for repeat negligence & anything else i can get out of it. I recommend talking to a lawyer and take start Legal Action. "i'M TALKING MILLIONS N****A I'M TALK'N MILLIONS"

Thanks
Loyal Teamster
never for millions. They shall factor in age, potenional life time earnings, life style changes you will make if you disabled. Then you will settle if had the potential to make millions you might get millions. At the most several hundred thousandand you will sign a confidentiality agreement.

laffter

because I know that it's the ignorant managers' fault for not even setting some damn rules for drivers to follow when they're driving off.

I don't doubt what you're describing, and I'm not saying that it wasn't serious... but it's statements like this that create the same stupid rules that people here bitch about all the time.

There is something called common sense. If a driver is moving a package car, there are a few common sense things that he should do. First, check if the car is empty. Is it being unloaded? If not, no problem. If so, warn the unloader that he's going to move it. Management does not need to tell him this. This is the driver's fault.

If I go out into the woods for some firing practice and see and old run down shack that looks empty, I should still check to make sure nobody is inside of it before I start shooting. If someone gets injured because of my negligence, I'm still legally responsible.

Nimnim

The Nim

I can't tell you how many times I've seen or heard of unloaders/loaders still in the trailer when a feeder driver or a shifter pulls the trailer off the door. Most times they just watch for falling packages and take a ride. My personal favorite is always when a trailer pulls off a load bay with the portable rollers still inside. Some 10 feet off the door and the whole roller set crashes to the asphalt below.

The issue will always come down to the driver checking to see if anyone is in the cargo area, trailer or pc. This is one of the reasons I don't like the pads put along the side of the bay so you can't see if the trailer is open or if someone is in it unless you walk inside which can be a fair distance at times, which means things can easily change in that time.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

never for millions. They shall factor in age, potenional life time earnings, life style changes you will make if you disabled. Then you will settle if had the potential to make millions you might get millions. At the most several hundred thousandand you will sign a confidentiality agreement.
<br>
<br>
Several hundreds of thousands???!!! Get me that lawyer!<br>
I get a laugh out of you sue happy kids.<br>
<br>
Jerky Boys - Hurt at Work - YouTube

Nope

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Grabbed the pole in the package car? Sounds made up.

Buck Fifty

Maybe you didnt hear me the first time, I aint even caring .

PT Car Washer

In my building the car washers move cars to the primary to be unloaded. Always leave bulkhead door open and check for any missed packages and that unloader and extendo are out before pulling away from the door.

jaker

trolling

And again you don't even know what your job is , every time you post you are doing a different job and a different shift

​Lies I tell you all lies , look if you want the driver to deliver to your house stop lying about how you was home all day and he didn't knock

bumped

If you don't want it to happen again then file an injury report for your scratch. Then you'll have on record what happened to you.