Driver and helper DIAD not communicating properly.

ThyDevourer

Is this happening to anyone else who gets a helper board? My stops completed are not coming out of the other board. If my helper delivers something it's still on my EDD screen so I haven't even been using it. I pull the helper board out of its slot get EDD and throw it in the back of my truck where it sits unused all day. Does anyone have any insight on this? I would like to be able to use it but it's way too confusing as is. I guess I could details>NT-FND the already completed stops out but that just sounds like a pain in the ass.

Box Ox

Run a straight chunk of your residential stops with the helper board. Then mark where you stopped using the helper board with the left arrow in your driver board and keep rolling.

ThyDevourer

It is a pain in the ass, do the required stops and stop using it.
I pretty much don't use it at all. Some drivers reported the same issue but they said it started working fine after that. Only 4 days of peak helpers left so It doesn't really matter i guess. It would be nice to know the solution (if there is one) for future reference though.

jaker

trolling
mine does it also , if I use the helper broad it will take the stops out of mine but not the other way

So I use his broad for the first 35 stops that way it pulls it out of mine and then I throw it in the back of the truck

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
mine does it also , if I use the helper broad it will take the stops out of mine but not the other way

So I use his broad for the first 35 stops that way it pulls it out of mine and then I throw it in the back of the truck
Yep that's the way mine does also.

I kind of understand it. If the helpers got to a stop then some of our stops started coming out. Will they know what to do?

PT Car Washer

The one time this year I went out with a helper board I transferred the required number of stops into his board. Not very efficient but it worked.

ThyDevourer

The one time this year I went out with a helper board I transferred the required number of stops into his board. Not very efficient but it worked.
This is actually a pretty good solution. The only time me and my helper would benefit from branching out is my apartment stretch. I usually just give him the package and prerec the stop and wait for him to return to see If he delivered it or if it stays prerecorded until we reach the apt office.

tiredofhelping

Take your helper board, get EDD, go into COMM, then press the TURN RADIO ON button. They should come right out of the driver board within a few minutes after you complete stops in the helper board.

9.5 everyday

My Diad wasn't communicating the first week but has the last 3 weeks. My helper uses his board more than me so I am constantly removing stops via details not found before the boards communicate with each other. It takes .5 seconds. Way less annoying than trying to open your board to see the next set of stops, and having to accept pkg found in another location 15 times in a row.

9.5 everyday

My competent helper does at least 100 more stops in his Diad than me at the end of the day. My job isn't to scan packages for him to run. His job is to know the Diad, its functions and how to properly deliver. My job is to make sure his next stop is available for selection and to get him there safely.

9.5 everyday

This is the right answer
It's the right answer if you like accepting packages found in another location. I do not like pressing accept over and over again especially when I'm trying to use the Diad for its intended purpose. Which is looking at your next 5 stops. And I hate seeing the green light come on every couple minutes. For me, I delete them. So for me, this is the right answer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My competent helper does at least 100 more stops in his Diad than me at the end of the day. My job isn't to scan packages for him to run. His job is to know the Diad, its functions and how to properly deliver. My job is to make sure his next stop is available for selection and to get him there safely.

So why not just let him use your DIAD?