Driver back to Warehouse job?

AndrewK

Hi, I worked in the hub for about a year and considered in the union now. If for whatever reason driving doesnt work out, is it guaranteed you can go back to your old position at the local sort or preload?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Look in your Supplement under acquisition of seniority and seniority clauses. The numbers vary according to the area. Most say once you make 30 days in any job going from p/t to friend/t, you can not go back without an ADA note. You would have to quit and be rehired and start all over again. Better to DQ yourself, it lasts longer than if the Company DQ's you

AndrewK

Look in your Supplement under acquisition of seniority and seniority clauses. The numbers vary according to the area. Most say once you make 30 days in any job going from p/t to friend/t, you can not go back without an ADA note. You would have to quit and be rehired and start all over again. Better to DQ yourself, it lasts longer than if the Company DQ's you

What is an ADA note?

PT Car Washer

I do want to work full time, I'm just not sure if driving is for me. Just making sure incase I dont end up qualifying. Regardless I'm going to put my head down and just try my best lol
Not sure if you are guaranteed your exact same job back but you will be back to your former sort hours. Besides all jobs working in the Hub suck.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I do want to work full time, I'm just not sure if driving is for me. Just making sure incase I dont end up qualifying. Regardless I'm going to put my head down and just try my best lol
If you are not sure driving is for you, it probably is not
You may be better off staying in the building

B-Brown

If he/she DQ's them self, then it is suppose to be two years, if the company does it is one year.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
If he/she DQ's them self, then it is suppose to be two years, if the company does it is one year.

Depending on the supplement. I saw one that had only 1 year for everything but didn't wan to lump everyone in the same pot. It would that way here as well.