Driver Buy out?

Fullhouse

Heard a rumor this morning from some of the feeder drivers. They said UPS was going to offer a buy out to the full time employees that have 25 or more years of service. What UPS will offer is $2000 for each year of full time service as incentive to go ahead and retire. Of course this will be a one time lump sum payment.
Anyone else hear about this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So if you have 25 years fulltime, you would get $50,000 for a job you usually make $70-100,000 a year. If you are fifty years old and 12-15 years from drawing your full pension, this doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Count me out.

Fredless

APWA Hater
jesus christ the latest rumor from the new contract.

when part timers ask me if i've heard anything, I tell them "yeah, we're going to all get a paycut of $1/hr, all of us will be banished to the sort aisle or unload/load and the "easy" jobs like car washer, porter and clerks will become all 22.3 jobs. You guys ready to strike for the drivers bankrupt pension and a new top out rate of 32 dollars an hour though? I sure as hell am!"

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
So if you have 25 years fulltime, you would get $50,000 for a job you usually make $70-100,000 a year. If you are fifty years old and 12-15 years from drawing your full pension, this doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Count me out.
The buyout if it is true would only enhance the outbound that are really ready to go otherwise the tax man taketh away !

Cole

"The names Francis Sawyer, everybody calls me Psycho, any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you"! Classic movie.

2.jpg

wkmac

Heard a rumor this morning from some of the feeder drivers. They said UPS was going to offer a buy out to the full time employees that have 25 or more years of service. What UPS will offer is $2000 for each year of full time service as incentive to go ahead and retire. Of course this will be a one time lump sum payment.

OK, let's get this right. For Starters:

It's 1 month's gross pay for each year's service plus an extra month pay per year for vacation (2 months pay per year service)and then UPS will pay all the taxes so you get the whole thing.

Also a new car for yourself up to $75k in value and your spouse get's a car up to $50k in value.

There are no work restrictions is retirement and for those at least 50 years of age, here is the monthly pension payouts for those who take retirement.

25 years service $5000 per month
30 years service $7000 per month
35 years service $9000 per month

Anyone over 35 years service will also recieve an all expense paid 2 week trip to anywhere in the world and upon return a weekend stay in the main guestroom suite at Mike Eskew's house and Mike will serve you breakfast in bed and you get to tell him with raised voice to "Have a sense of urgency!"

Look, if you're gonna spin one, spin a d#mn good un!

There's got to be some room at Corp. where they print these things off and post them on the wall so that when situations build and they need some release, they go into this room and read this nonsense and just ROTFFL(Their)AO! I know I would!

Fullhouse, do me one favor. Whatever it is you been smoking, please don't bogart that joint and pass it on to me!
:wink:

Cole

Fullhouse was clear in saying he heard a "rumor" and was looking to see if anyone could verify it's credibility.

area43

I just read the beginning of your thread and thats as far as I needed to go. Its a RUMOR. Not going to happen. sorry. ps are you a troll?lol

Last edited:

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Why would they offer when you take into account you can`t reire until 62 + in Central States without some sort of penalty of pension money or increased insurances. All the company has to do is wait till ya kiel over and save the small buyout $ This is just a rumour Red :laugh: