Driver Career

username

BoOmBasTiC
Does anyone know if UPS pays for CDL driving school. Or do u need to already have the CDL before you can be considered for a driving job?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Are you currently employed by UPS? If not, you shouldn't worry about needing your cdl right away. You'll be spending a few years in the back with "the potheads." Besides that, what would someone with infinte wisdom and knowledge; not to mention almost a bachelor in poli sci, want with a cdl? It seems to me the road ahead is paved with gold for you. Why humble yourself by stooping to the "common man's level"? You should be out, kissing babies and making millions....:poop:

Fredless

APWA Hater
Does anyone know if UPS pays for CDL driving school. Or do u need to already have the CDL before you can be considered for a driving job?

Depends. To be a package car driver, you don't need a CDL anymore. Used to be a class C CDL, but they got rid of those.

If you put in enough time as a full time package car driver, they will pay for your class A CDL to be a feeder driver.

However, you posted in the freight section - so to be a driver for UPS freight, you need a Class A CDL with hazmat (its all on the UPSJOBS.COM website), and double endorsements to be hired on as a freight driver.

username

BoOmBasTiC
Are you currently employed by UPS? If not, you shouldn't worry about needing your cdl right away. You'll be spending a few years in the back with "the potheads." Besides that, what would someone with infinte wisdom and knowledge; not to mention almost a bachelor in poli sci, want with a cdl? It seems to me the road ahead is paved with gold for you. Why humble yourself by stooping to the "common man's level"? You should be out, kissing babies and making millions....:poop:

You cant be real.

username

BoOmBasTiC
Depends. To be a package car driver, you don't need a CDL anymore. Used to be a class C CDL, but they got rid of those.

If you put in enough time as a full time package car driver, they will pay for your class A CDL to be a feeder driver.

However, you posted in the freight section - so to be a driver for UPS freight, you need a Class A CDL with hazmat (its all on the UPSJOBS.COM website), and double endorsements to be hired on as a freight driver.

Thank you for your informative reply.

cook32nd

I currently work in the Indy hub for UPS (package handler, 6months) and am trying to drive a feeder, however, I don't think its possible. I think my chances of quitting and getting a cdl and trying to come back onboard through UPS freight are probably better. Any input on this situation?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I currently work in the Indy hub for UPS (package handler, 6months) and am trying to drive a feeder, however, I don't think its possible. I think my chances of quitting and getting a cdl and trying to come back onboard through UPS freight are probably better. Any input on this situation?

As I understand it, you'll have to be a fulltime employee for at least 2 years in order to go to feeder school.

cook32nd

since my last post i have got my cdl and endorsements, just need a position to open up so i can get my foot back in the door again...any help?