Driver Concern - what happens when someone complains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son ordered a PS4 mid-week last week and has been watching the tracking to see where it was in the system. It went out for delivery at 5am this morning, ground package so he knew it would be late day/early evening before it showed up.

Problem is this: We didn't know it had actually been delivered until the neighbor across the breezeway knocked on the door. It had been left laying at the door after being delivered at 4:30pm.

I know the driver had no idea what was in the box but that should have no bearing on whether or not there was any attempt made to notify of the delivery with a door knock/bell.

So, what kind of trouble/conversation would happen if he did call and complain?

Thanks in advance

Johney

You call and say they didn't knock or ring the bell.....they say they did you didn't hear it. End of story. Go play your PS4 and don't worry about it.

Whargoul

Honestly at most they might mention it to the driver and maybe put a note in the board to make sure to ring the bell or something next time your address has a delivery.

Johney

kinda what i thought - but one can hope, sometimes
Hope for what? Get some hard working driver with most likely over 180 stops to complete in trouble? Most likely his/her helper dropped your box and missed the bell. You're one of those type of customers huh? Save the complaint for when your package has a big shoe mark on it from complaining about stupid crap.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My son ordered a PS4 mid-week last week and has been watching the tracking to see where it was in the system. It went out for delivery at 5am this morning, ground package so he knew it would be late day/early evening before it showed up.

Problem is this: We didn't know it had actually been delivered until the neighbor across the breezeway knocked on the door. It had been left laying at the door after being delivered at 4:30pm.

I know the driver had no idea what was in the box but that should have no bearing on whether or not there was any attempt made to notify of the delivery with a door knock/bell.

So, what kind of trouble/conversation would happen if he did call and complain?

Thanks in advance
Ps4 boxes make excellent step ladders for stacking floor to ceiling down the middle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly at most they might mention it to the driver and maybe put a note in the board to make sure to ring the bell or something next time your address has a delivery.

If you do decide to call the 1-800# you can request that a message be sent to the center asking the driver to knock or ring the bell for any future deliveries. Make sure to tell the customer service rep that you don't want to file a formal complaint. Doing it this way makes it easier for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.