Driver Doing On Road Observations

BigBrown609

Just saw a fellow driver and union member doing intersection observations. He's part of the safety committee but I was just wondering how everyone here felt about a driver doing a supervisors job. I feel like he's working against his fellow Union members and shouldn't be doing observations.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
So this driver is doing work as part of the safety committee? And, I assume, some other driver is covering his route that might otherwise not be driving? Sounds like he's helping out his fellow union members.

Overpaid Union Thug

The "Saftey Committee" is made up of two types of people.

1) The greedy types that join so that they can start early and hold a clip board to pad their OT. This is why I call it the "Overtime Committee"

2) Your classic brown nosing types.

Avalon

Avalon
From what I understand when the safety committee observes somebody breaking rules they Mark the safety policy that was violated, but the can NOT report the drivers name.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
From what I understand when the safety committee observes somebody breaking rules they Mark the safety policy that was violated, but the can NOT report the drivers name.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Which would be pretty easy to deduce.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
50 guys racing off property?

"I have no recollection of the vehicle number"

More like, "Safety guys were at intersection of A and B streets. That's Joe's area."

I never trusted our safety guys. The good ones, who cared, always quit in a month or two.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're feeder, I was package.

The one that rankled me the most was a career safety guy. Had a bid route that he ran maybe one day a week, even during peak.

Lazy ass!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
More like, "Safety guys were at intersection of A and B streets. That's Joe's area."

I never trusted our safety guys. The good ones, who cared, always quit in a month or two.
Most of the safety guys are snakes but we have one who's such a nice guy, I'm convinced he's either completely fake or on some good medication...lol. He's been here too many years not to be jaded like everyone else.

I'd rather a member of safety committee (at least the ones who actually know what they're doing)roll up to me and say what he noticed one on one than a member of management see it.
While some take it the wrong way others see it as a union member looking out for another BEFORE they get in a pinch. If they prefer not to listen then so be it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'd rather a member of safety committee (at least the ones who actually know what they're doing)roll up to me and say what he noticed one on one than a member of management see it.
While some take it the wrong way others see it as a union member looking out for another BEFORE they get in a pinch. If they prefer not to listen then so be it.

And the operative phrase is "the ones who actually know what they're doing."

Not a lot of them.