Driver follow up/ lying customer

F

Frankie's Friend

One of our ocs found the empty pkg (shoes) on top of the trash in their yard barrel.

Disposition: closed...found pkg.

People are so dumb.

542thruNthru

You guys actually do DFUs????

I haven't done one in almost 10 years. UPS tells me to DR packages. That's what I do. End of story.

Seriously I usually grab the DFUs and walk 30 feet away and drop them in the trash. If L.P. thinks I'm stealing, go ahead and put a camera in my truck and watch me pee and write me up for more then 3 shakes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I haven't done one in almost 10 years. UPS tells me to DR packages. That's what I do. End of story.

Seriously I usually grab the DFUs and walk 30 feet away and drop them in the trash. If L.P. thinks I'm stealing, go ahead and put a camera in my truck and watch me pee and write me up for more then 3 shakes.

I've seen other posts where you say this. How does that work? Have you ever run into trouble for that? What about work as directed? Do they just make someone else do them? If you don't do a follow up, does UPS just pay the claim?

Grey

Sometimes I run them and sometimes I forget. If I toss it out sometimes it pops up the next week and sometimes it just goes away. I’ve never been asked about it by management once.

MrBates

We have a guy in our hub that does the same exact thing. He gets calltags and DFU's, walks to the trash and throws the DFUs out. Ive never seen him get disciplined for it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Yeah buddy!
I've seen other posts where you say this. How does that work? Have you ever run into trouble for that? What about work as directed? Do they just make someone else do them? If you don't do a follow up, does UPS just pay the claim?
It’s called passing the buck. If there is a claim, someone already is claiming to not have a package, you want me to go knock on their door, and ask the same question. Nah Brah, send LP, I’m out.
We have a guy in our hub that does the same exact thing. He gets calltags and DFU's, walks to the trash and throws the DFUs out. Ive never seen him get disciplined for it.
Might be me....

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah buddy!

It’s called passing the buck. If there is a claim, someone already is claiming to not have a package, you want me to go knock on their door, and ask the same question. Nah Brah, send LP, I’m out.

Might be me....

Waste of time but some office geek thinks its better to automatically spit one out for every missing package so the driver gets to ask the customer if he got the package he said he didn't get.

542thruNthru

I've never once been talked to about it. Don't get me wrong I don't rub it in their faces. They never see me drop them in the trash.

If they were to walk up to me and demand I do my DFUs then I'd work as directed. It's never happened so I just keep doing my real job of delivering packages.

jaker

trolling
I was told dfu can be for a missing package or missing contents , so you can deliver a box and still have a dfu for it

F

Frankie's Friend

Have them sign the area that says "I have received the package(s)".
The crooked customer never reads it anyway.
I tell them I have to fill out their claim of a lost pkg. They always ask where to sign so I help them out.
Heck, the way I view it, if they cant remember me handing them the pkg they wont remember signing the wrong line either.

It's a win for everyone.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

wow! i assumed DFUs where in your diad as a stop like call tags and would come up missed if not sheeted? as a clerk i deal with a NI3 exception on them all they time so i figured they all get a NI1 and a NI2.

Indecisi0n

I just tell them to sign where it says did not receive, and inform them that from now on all packages will require them to be home and to sign for them. It is amazing but they tend to "find" the package very soon thereafter .
Problem with that is UPS will not always make them a sign required even after a follow up or two. If you dont release their packages and they are still a DR , they complain to the 800# which goes directly to your center manager which then falls on you. He wants to know why you are not DRing a DR stop. Now it's on you not the customer. On top of that you look like a liar as far as the customer is concerned because you are continuing to DR. Again it's not worth the fight.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
wow! i assumed DFUs where in your diad as a stop like call tags and would come up missed if not sheeted? as a clerk i deal with a NI3 exception on them all they time so i figured they all get a NI1 and a NI2.

They aren't in the diad, and tell your drivers they need to sheet them as a follow up under the package info screen so they don't show up as a package you have to process. Management should be getting on to them about it because if they don't sheet it correctly, it makes it look like the package has popped back up in tracking.

I've never once been talked to about it. Don't get me wrong I don't rub it in their faces. They never see me drop them in the trash.

If they were to walk up to me and demand I do my DFUs then I'd work as directed. It's never happened so I just keep doing my real job of delivering packages.

Our district management keeps a pretty close eye on these. Our OMS's stay on top of them, but I've never considered not doing one, so I have no idea what they would do if I didn't. I know they want a resolution before the deadline. They're an easy stop anyway, and it all pays the same.

Johney

One of our ocs found the empty pkg (shoes) on top of the trash in their yard barrel.

Disposition: closed...found pkg.

People are so dumb.
I had that happen one time. Lady screamed at me for leaving her package at the door because there was construction on the next street over and workers took the package of huggable hangers. She signed the DFU stating she did not receive the package and as I'm walking back to the truck I see the box in the garbage with the tracking label still on it. Grabbed it and taped the DFU to it and gave it to LP. He laughed and said I wish they were all that easy.

BlackCat

I never understood why they just dont call these customers and ask.

Why waste my time (and gas) trying to resolve a DFU when they can simply pick up a phone and have it done in minutes.

BlackCat

I particularly like the surepost DFU..

"Hey Mr postmaster, do you remember this 1 package out of the 10,000 other packages I have delivered to you over the last month?"

or the shipper release DFU.

or the DFU with the customers signature already on it.

Good times.