Driver Followups

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Then my driver didn't cover his ass when he DRd my package.
Newbie, unless we are told that we have a HV or a sig req is prompted in the diad we have NO idea what we are delivering. And we don't have the time to investigate every pkg for it's contents.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pkgs $1K and higher generate a high value report which we have to sign and initial by the tracking numbers. Pkgs $5K and higher are bagged and controlled at each stop along the way which is what I meant in my earlier post.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Pkgs $1K and higher generate a high value report which we have to sign and initial by the tracking numbers. Pkgs $5K and higher are bagged and controlled at each stop along the way which is what I meant in my earlier post.
Upstate, we get bagged HV's all the time but I have never seen or signed a HV report. Usually we just get an ODS telling us sig req on a certain pkg.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate, we get bagged HV's all the time but I have never seen or signed a HV report. Usually we just get an ODS telling us sig req on a certain pkg.

They don't ask you to sign for the HV before leaving the bldg? If they don't, but you do get the ODS, make sure to put "HV" in the remarks column to CYA. I was actually talking about at P/U. There is a high value report which we have to sign and initial and that along with the pkg is brought to our high value clerk for processing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No, to both of those. Not for del or pu. The only way I know if I have a HV pu is if the customer prints it out for me to sign. I try to remember to verify the value before I sign.

They don't ask you to sign for the HV before leaving the bldg? If they don't, but you do get the ODS, make sure to put "HV" in the remarks column to CYA. I was actually talking about at P/U. There is a high value report which we have to sign and initial and that along with the pkg is brought to our high value clerk for processing.

I've only had to sign for high values in larger buildings...Never in the little fly by night ones. All I get now are little slips of paper for a high value. I never know the value could be $1000 or $40000. When I signed for them I knew the amounts.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
In 0400 slic, Anything over $5K needs a Sig. We sign for it in the office before we can get the pkg., and obtain Sig. at delivery. Anything under $5K we do not know about. As far as the $3000.00 monitor in this post, I found out the value from the DFU. So the driver had no idea what the item was (I'm assuming), or the cost, therefore he DR'd it. As far as picking up, Anything over $1K generates a report but Isn't controlled like anything above $5K.

BigBrownSanta

The end of day should tell you if you are picking up a HV. The shipper has to print out the HV report and the driver is supposed to sign it. My understanding is if no report is turned in by the driver, UPS will not pay a HV claim.

Here, anything over $1000 gets pulled and set aside in the bldg at turn in, whereas anything over $5000 has to actually be handed to an OMS or sup and signed off by them on the HV report.

On the delivery side, HV's are supposed to be signed for by the driver in the AM, but since no one signs, they just tell us we have a HV and to send a message when we have delivered it. They do not tell us the HV amount.

pkgdriver

In 0400 slic, Anything over $5K needs a Sig. We sign for it in the office before we can get the pkg., and obtain Sig. at delivery. Anything under $5K we do not know about. As far as the $3000.00 monitor in this post, I found out the value from the DFU. So the driver had no idea what the item was (I'm assuming), or the cost, therefore he DR'd it. As far as picking up, Anything over $1K generates a report but Isn't controlled like anything above $5K.

Maine the same here. The OMS does hand us the over 5K pkg at PCM and sends a message about it a short time after.
Dont forget to give the over 5k send again to the appropriate person in the PM

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The end of day should tell you if you are picking up a HV. The shipper has to print out the HV report and the driver is supposed to sign it. My understanding is if no report is turned in by the driver, UPS will not pay a HV claim..............................................
BBS, I have never heard this. No not about the end of day, that I knew about. I was talking about the report being turned in. Is that so?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BBS, I have never heard this. No not about the end of day, that I knew about. I was talking about the report being turned in. Is that so?

Technically he is right but I am sure if the shipper were to provide a high value report for the pkg in question which had been signed and initialed by the driver the claim would be paid.

rocket man

your post seems like a bunch of BS its almost impossible for follow ups to come out for dec . i just think your making a useless post.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Technically he is right but I am sure if the shipper were to provide a high value report for the pkg in question which had been signed and initialed by the driver the claim would be paid.
I always sign them but I don't always take them with me. The shipper doesn't always provide 2 copies.