Driver from another Center starting out of our building

We have a feeder driver from a different center starting out of our building on a regular bases. Was told by manager they can do that. We have our own relief drivers in pkg. They're using him to cover CPU volume out of his center but often joins up with our CPU driver to help with volume.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a feeder driver from a different center starting out of our building on a regular bases. Was told by manager they can do that. We have our own relief drivers in pkg. They're using him to cover CPU volume out of his center but often joins up with our CPU driver to help with volume.
If he's running CPU from his center then why would he start at your center? That makes no sense.
I've given up on trying to figure out how and why feeders is handled so unfairly for certain buildings and the opposite for others.

It's not a route. When CPU volume is heavy in his center they let him use our equipment because he lives 5min from our building but an hour from his. He's a relief driver, with a pkg route. I don't think when our relief drivers are in pkg, another relief driver from a different center should be allowed to start out of our building

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not a route. When CPU volume is heavy in his center they let him use our equipment because he lives 5min from our building but an hour from his. He's a relief driver, with a pkg route. I don't think when our relief drivers are in pkg, another relief driver from a different center should be allowed to start out of our building

Is he displacing someone?

By The Book

Not me. Two of our relief drivers are. They're new to feeder and want the work but are afraid of getting black balled
It sounds like, according to you this driver from another center is only using equipment and is probably being coded as starting from his building. If he's doing your centers p/up volume there may be a case for your feeder relief guys who are driving package.

I understand it's convenient for him to start out of our building but doesn't seem right. I know there are times he'll also fill out his trailer with some of our CPU volume if he has room. The volume is then taken to a hub