Driver Helper Questions

ziggy

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I got hired as a Driver Helper. I did some searching on the forum and found tons of posts from last year in December about Driver Helpers.

My question is this: the UPS Driver who delivers to me turned in my name to be a helper, does this mean I'll be with that guy? Also, I did not even have to interview for the position, I was invited to orientation and told to fill out an application before I got there (I already did).

There are a few days in early December that I am unavailable to work. I know it's a seasonal job and I feel really bad about telling the driver or HR people that I'm going to need a few days off - but from what I gather on the forum, it might not be a problem.

Since it's a seasonal job, if I tell them I'm unavailable for a few days will they tell me to not come back? The two weeks leading up to Christmas I am available 100% of the time.

Also, will the hours be like all day or only for a few hours each day?

Do I need a certain kind of shoes?

Sorry for the stupid questions, thanks guys.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Are you completely unavailable the whole day or only for certain times of the day? The driver you are assigned to may be able to work around your schedule.

No guarantee that you would would be with driver who referred you.

hours depends on how bad they need or want you. My helper is only around 3-4 hours. Some drivers have helpers all day long.

Shoes should be brown or black and something you can be comfortable in for hours at a time. Not as strict as what they want us drivers to wear. Just don't show up in your Air Jordans

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm going to be out of town for a few days.

If they need you and you are up front about the absence there is a remote chance they will work you after you return. No to either above - Adios amigo.