Driver Helper Wage Change???

1000RR

I believe I read somewhere in the contract that the wage for driver helpers is 80% of the starting wage for full time drivers. In this case it would be $12.88. I can't remember if I read it in the master or my local rider. I did driver helper last year and the rate was $12.88. My question is since the new rate once this contract goes into effect for drivers starting progression is $18.75 would that bump driver helpers pay rate to $15 since $15 is 80% of $18.75?

I believe I read somewhere in the contract that the wage for driver helpers is 80% of the starting wage for full time drivers. In this case it would be $12.88. I can't remember if I read it in the master or my local rider. I did driver helper last year and the rate was $12.88. My question is since the new rate once this contract goes into effect for drivers starting progression is $18.75 would that bump driver helpers pay rate to $15 since $15 is 80% of $18.75?

Buy some new glasses!

HubBub

You're more likely to win the lotto than get an accurate answer on this forum. Then you wouldn't have to worry about helper pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
are you a PTer or just a seasonal helper? I know under my local supplement....PTer helper pay for peak is 19.13/hr (ot)....12.75 straight time but you go out as a helper after preload, you're already on ot. But the seasonal helpers are paid $8/hr.

cynic

are you a PTer or just a seasonal helper? I know under my local supplement....PTer helper pay for peak is 19.13/hr (ot)....12.75 straight time but you go out as a helper after preload, you're already on ot. But the seasonal helpers are paid $8/hr.

Wages for the hard work like that are part of the reason why people are not incented to get off unemployment.

1000RR

I'm part time, been with the company for 6 years and some change as a loader on the Twilight shift. I did help last year and got the $12.88. I am kind of reluctant to do it again this year because I already make well over $12.88 inside the hub and they like to bounce the helpers around here, (drive 30 miles away just to work for 1-2 hours). Was just wondering if there was any language in the next contract that I might have missed. Thanks to all that gave a serious answer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm part time, been with the company for 6 years and some change as a loader on the Twilight shift. I did help last year and got the $12.88. I am kind of reluctant to do it again this year because I already make well over $12.88 inside the hub and they like to bounce the helpers around here, (drive 30 miles away just to work for 1-2 hours). Was just wondering if there was any language in the next contract that I might have missed. Thanks to all that gave a serious answer.
read your supplement...

cynic

bleedingbrown58..do you expect us to believe this story? ..........................................................................................................................Sincerely ive

LMAO wow it's getting late - that made me do a triple-take, I was like, WTH?!?!?! I need that!! :)

LMAO wow it's getting late - that made me do a triple-take, I was like, WTH?!?!?! I need that!! :)

cynic.........im am truly sorry for you misunderstanding my understanding of this misunderstanding!......................................................................................Sincerely IVE