driver helpers

skatebmx05

if i work the preload 445am til 9am shift loading trucks would i be able to also apply for a driver helper and what is the pay rate for driver helpers?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Yes, they prefer to use people that are already familiar with the operation. Depends om where you work, our helpers make $12.88/hr others make $8.50/hr

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

how would i go about applying for that

They usually post a sign up sheet in your bldg.

The only problem is that they may try to limit your hours to ensure that you do not work any overtime. This will differ from center to center. Our center prefers hiring helpers off the street so as not to run in to this problem.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Talk to your HR manager, they are the ones doing the hiring. There is an online application that they may have you fill out, if you do not know how to find them go to your sup, or the on car sup in your center. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Moneythehardway

For me (Inside worker), a bid list was posted the beginning of october & I put my name on it. About 3 weeks later the center called me & told me to meet driver so & so at a certain location.

So yeah, ask around your center if a bid list will or has been posted someone will be sure to help.

Also like an earlier poster stated, they may limit your hours as a helper to keep from giving you overtime (over 40 total hours a week). As of now I only work 2 1/2 - 3 hours a day with my driver .