Driver "methods" regarding SDN, HV, etc. (Off Topic Welcome)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everyone at UPS has to do certain things as part of their job responsibilities that they feel bad about.
What are some of the things you would like to do to take care of your customers but you can't because "higher ups" will not let you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you feel bad about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

My conscience would keep me awake.

Everyone at UPS has to do certain things as part of their job responsibilities that they feel bad about.
What are some of the things you would like to do to take care of your customers but you can't because "higher ups" will not let you.
I have commercial stops where the customer lives on my route also.

If their shop was closed, I would leave it at their house.

Now I would get fired for dishonesty.

I just do the best I can.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you feel bad about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

My conscience would keep me awake.

I still try to accommodate earlier delivery and later pickup requests, when possible.

We are not required to follow Orion stop for stop.

Pickups are not included in the Orion trace.

I sleep like a baby knowing that I did all that I could (within reason) to take care of my customers. I say within reason as some folks are just unreasonable.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
If pick up compliance was included in Orion trace, it would not work. The Orion team flat out said that if they had to actually be within pick up compliance and 90% Orion trace and mileage + or -5 miles, it can't be done on the current platform.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What about those commercial customers who have their signatures on file with UPS?
. From what I understand, ups stopped doing that because of issues. They still might do it in small centers, or a case by case basis, but it's not the method and you'd have problems if you did it with out that exception from the center manager or DM.