Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ProudDaddy41, Jul 13, 2018 at 7:30 PM.

?

Are you on the 9.5 list

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. ProudDaddy41

ProudDaddy41 New Member

(On topic)
    They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How would I resolve this situation without getting on the 9.5?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:41 PM
  2. Wrong

Wrong :))

How long you been with the company?

3. burrheadd

burrheadd Esquire

Quit being a pusillanimous and get on the 9.5 list

Simple as that

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Siveriano

Siveriano Member

(im not on the 9.5) but i know to be on the 9.5 or to actually have management of your back take balls.
    Im not on top pay and im still a cover driver so the reason why i dont fill for 9.5 is because some times i pick route that run 11 hours.
    People on the 9.5 are no lazy, those are people who are financially stable to allow themself to work 45ish hours per week.
    and for personal expereince if they were lazy and being over by 200 click im sure management will be ojsing their route all the time.

Ill say try talking to management and tell them you have something to do, i know u can get a 8 hour day now and then if you ask.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop member

Why would you not sign up? Clearly you don't want the hours.

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Director of Shenanigans

Because he thinks his management team cares about him and want be friends and make crafts on weekends.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Before the strike in 97I actually had a stupidvisor friend of mine I would hang out and play cards with. Go to his pool etc. after 97 that all changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. LeftRS1

LeftRS1 One of those Millennials Drivers

Pay your preloader to misload a few stops over to him. Gotta run em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. LeftRS1

Record every day you work outside your area I believe its 20% allowed outside your bid area (I am probably wrong) for up to 30 days(?)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. ProudDaddy41

ProudDaddy41 New Member

@everyone wow thanks for the really helpful advice. If you think UPS sucks so badly, quit; it helps those of us who hate being stuck next to your asses.

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  11. LeftRS1

I like the money, benefits, meeting people, windshield time, and quick pace. If only manament wouldn't mettle.

12. Brohn Bron

Brohn Bron Active Member

Get on other routes away from them? Become a faster driver?
    Get on the list yourself?

When you figure it out, let me know. Still trying to manage my own feelings about it. My real solution is to roll all that extra work you get, up into more money for yourself (if you have bonus?!)

13. Brohn Bron

Brohn Bron Active Member

I’m very interested to see how the new contracts 9.5 stipulations affect work load. I would imagine everyone would hop onto the list no matter what since they don’t want to be the sorry soul that gets 300 stops a day and overflow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

With all the current over-dispatching, I can't understand why anybody wouldn't be on the 9/5 Opt Out List. You have to stand up for yourself, to the company we are all just pieces of equipment that can be replaced when we wear out. If they pay out enough penalty pay, it will be cheaper to put more routes in. If they want to pay out double-time, you are a fool for not taking it. If you aren't on the list, you will get extra stops from the driver nearest you that is. The company does not care about any of it's employees, anybody that doesn't understand this is fooling themselves.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

Get on the 9.5 list or shut the :censored2: up and take it. You going into management after you drive a week? Mind you own :censored2:ing business

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

Not lazy, smart. Closed mouths don’t get fed. UPS agreed to 9.5 negotiations didn’t they? So using the language makes you lazy? You have a lot to learn brother

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  17. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

Why is it that as soon as a bid driver goes on vacation, they blow up the dispatch for that route? Well, because they give zero F’s about the driver covering that route. You would be wise to start having the mindset that it’s pretty much how they run the whole company.

18. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Cool Story Bro.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I heard there were some meddling going on, zoikes!

20. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

My wife and I got home tonight from a late Dinner. It was 9:55 pm on a Friday night. There were 2 package cars butted up together 2 houses down with their flashers on. I went into the house and got a couple of cold bottles of water and walked down to them. I figured maybe there was a breakdown. Nope. They told me that they were splitting up some stops so that they could get through earlier. One driver had 40+ stops left. They didn't have this language when I was a PC driver. *This* is why you have 9.5 language. They really appreciated the water. Been there. Done that.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List