Driver NOT fired

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Good for you.

What I do find interesting though is the lack of understanding of one so long in the trenches, but yet so without basic understandings of how things work at ups.

d
im not sure what you mean, elaborate........please. I knew it was not my fault, I did everything by the book. Blocked the drive I was at 1 inch from the curb. But I was waiting for the "you could have avoided this if" speech. And my standard answer when rear ended or hit while parked is...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I could have stayed home. I park the same way in my work truck as I do in my personal truck. As far away as I sensibly can.

W

westsideworma

ooops, well I need to talk to that management team, every accident is avoidable jk

thanks for catching that haha I haven't been sleeping much lately

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My comments are "unavoidable"...... I read a few days ago that Tooner was thinking that he may be out of a job and I thought about him/her for a few days hoping that the decision would swing his (I assume he is a he) Way.

Great news!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My comments are "unavoidable"...... I read a few days ago that Tooner was thinking that he may be out of a job and I thought about him/her for a few days hoping that the decision would swing his (I assume he is a he) Way.

Great news!!
she is a she :wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Thats right, we only feel we got a raw deal. For sure it never would be the out of control, power hungry, promotion seeking management person at fault.

Some people are blessed or lucky. Consider yourselves both.

I can document 99.9% of all the paperwork over 33 years to be generated by 2 people, either directly, or indirectly, and over a period of less than three years total. The file takes about half of a filing cabinet drawer to hold.

So if you removed those three years, I would be able to say the same thing, but with 30 years service.

It is what it is. Be thankful, very thankful.

d

This would be example that those that are unhappy tend to be more vocal. Not one person who is happy attacked my post.:happy2:

I'm not sure about the luck factor I've know quite a few people that retired without any heartache.

I know a lot now that just come in do their job and go home everyday without any trauma.

maybe those that are unlucky are power hungry stewards butting heads with power hungry management?:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Originally Posted by dannyboy
Good for you.

What I do find interesting though is the lack of understanding of one so long in the trenches, but yet so without basic understandings of how things work at ups.

d
im not sure what you mean, elaborate........please. I knew it was not my fault, I did everything by the book. Blocked the drive I was at 1 inch from the curb.
I was addressing some of hellfires other posts on other threads. To have 27 years with brown, he has no clue as to how thing opperate.

That was what that post was about. Had nothing to do with you.

BTW, glad to hear they did not find fault. I know you are one of the best of the best!

d

tieguy

Banned
I was addressing some of hellfires other posts on other threads. To have 27 years with brown, he has no clue as to how thing opperate.

BTW, glad to hear they did not find fault. I know you are one of the best of the best!

d

maybe hellfire has a clue of how things work in his part of the world?

browned out

I was fired as a part timer 15 years ago. I have been driving for over 10 years. We have about 60 drivers in our center. In the 10 years I have been driving at least 35 drivers have been fired were bought out on disability. This is not counting the ones who got their jobs back. Our last group of retirees had 33 years, 30 years, and 25 years; but one thing in common; they all were fired at least once.

Guilty until proven innocent. What a joke. I would stake a small fortune on UPS being the company that has terminated the most employees and highest percentage of its workforce over the past 20 to 25 years.

The report makes alot of the drivers who follow the methods look like crap. Tell me what makes UPS more money; drivers who follow the methods or those who don't.

tieguy

Banned
I was fired as a part timer 15 years ago. I have been driving for over 10 years. We have about 60 drivers in our center. In the 10 years I have been driving at least 35 drivers have been fired were bought out on disability. This is not counting the ones who got their jobs back. Our last group of retirees had 33 years, 30 years, and 25 years; but one thing in common; they all were fired at least once.

Guilty until proven innocent. What a joke. I would stake a small fortune on UPS being the company that has terminated the most employees and highest percentage of its workforce over the past 20 to 25 years.

The report makes alot of the drivers who follow the methods look like crap. Tell me what makes UPS more money; drivers who follow the methods or those who don't.

the article seven discharge that ron carey fought for may end up being the greatest management tool ever invented.

In todays world a manager or divison manager can tell his boss he fired a driver who screwed up.

what he really did was give the driver a paper discharge that gets reduced to a lesser punishment at some future hearing.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
In todays world a manager or divison manager can tell his boss he fired a driver who screwed up.
And that is what it is all about. Good ole boys gathered around the campfire talking about how tough they are. Yall brag on how far you can pee as well?

maybe hellfire has a clue of how things work in his part of the world?
Well goodie two shoes for him. As I posted, but you obviously overlooked, there are other areas of the company as well. Just because the management style is different where he is located, does not mean that the rest are lucky.

As you posted above, bragging about how many drivers you fired is a past time for many management, even though they know its just a paper discharge. Maybe his managers were too good a manager to waste the time on futility? But not here.

d

atatbl

d

Hellfire knows A LOT more than you. He has put in 27 years and will probably retire. That's A LOT more than you can say for yourself. Even if they did pay off your comp claim.

But then again, there's really no surprise here. He probably understands the world he lives in; adapts to it, and doesn't preach from an empty mount.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Hellfire knows A LOT more than you. He has put in 27 years and will probably retire. That's A LOT more than you can say for yourself. Even if they did pay off your comp claim.

But then again, there's really no surprise here. He probably understands the world he lives in; adapts to it, and doesn't preach from an empty mount.
kelso-burn.jpg

Just for good measure

PWNED.jpg

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Today I was followed again, and actually didnt notice til they pulled up in front of me and jumped out like gangsters. They asked if I knew how long they had been following me, and I said I didnt I was too busy looking out for the St. Patty day partiers. And that it didnt matter as I know I do everything by the book every time these days. They could find no safety or driver violations. So they told me Im too slow. Pick up the pace. I think he said "I have the slowest pace he has ever seen" Then I was done at 6 and went and made a pick up and took 15 stops from a younger faster driver. So another day of not being fired. Im starting to think they are into voyerism. Maybe Im just hotter than I think and they like to see me flex.........:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
And that is what it is all about. Good ole boys gathered around the campfire talking about how tough they are. Yall brag on how far you can pee as well?

someones suulllkkking. good shot Danny I'm proud of you. Over Danny needs a hear , hear .

Well goodie two shoes for him. As I posted, but you obviously overlooked,

in this context there was nothing to overlook. I simply commented that things are obviously different where he is at.

there are other areas of the company as well.

there are indeed. thanks to the many cry babies here we tend to hear about them much more then we do about the many good areas of the world. you guys could have given him a good for you instead of blasting him for "not having a clue"

Just because the management style is different where he is located, does not mean that the rest are lucky.

no one said that. I wish for once in your life you would actually read what I post instead of making crap up.

As you posted above, bragging about how many drivers you fired is a past time

Danny its not my fault you did 10 hard years for theft in jail.

for many management, even though they know its just a paper discharge. Maybe his managers were too good a manager to waste the time on futility? But not here.

d

Maybe his shop stewards don't get all huffy when someone disagrees with them and then start sulking. I think you have issues. I hope you learn to get over them. someone retired from ups should not spend so much time sulking and stewing. I'm sure they don't go around making things up about management. Not here though.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Maybe Im just hotter than I think and they like to see me flex.........:wink2:

You are that hot. And I wanna see you flex.......further.........further.......Dang, does not not hurt when you bend like that?????:happy2:

Tie......really?

Danny its not my fault you did 10 hard years for theft in jail.
my respect for you dipped. You probably meant for that to be slap your thigh funny, but it really wasnt.

I thought you were over personal slams, but I guess not.

Wow.

d

tieguy

Banned
You are that hot. And I wanna see you flex.......further.........further.......Dang, does not not hurt when you bend like that?????:happy2:

Tie......really?

wow making up even more stuff about me.

my respect for you dipped. You probably meant for that to be slap your thigh funny, but it really wasnt.

I thought you were over personal slams, but I guess not.

Wow.

d

Ah I get it I'm supposed to let you have all the fun.
How many times did bubba pork you in jail?

Braveheart

It was ruled UNAVOIDABLE, hurray for me!

We had a driver with over 25 years get hit while parked.

We have always been told it was unavoidable.

Crazy nit wit backed out of his driveway at a high rate of speed turned and angled right at the UPS truck which was not parked by his driveway and hits UPS truck. UPS charges him with an avoidable accident.

They continue to reach new lows in our center.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and tie had to bring pork into the conversation. An all time low, even for the likes of [-]socks[/-].Opps, I meant tie

Tooner, you rock girl. Any time you want your moment in the sun, call dannyboy, you got my number.

And I am blesed to have you as a friend.

d

Last edited: