Driver Release 21+ Signature Required

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
During Covid, we're not getting physical signatures. We're just typing cvd and then the last name of the customer. What if someone did that and left the package without making customer contact?
I did that 20 times today, and 100 times last week....a drunk getting his booze isn’t going to call in and complain

Est.1998

I did that 20 times today, and 100 times last week....a drunk getting his booze isn’t going to call in and complain
I haven't signed without the customer being present. Signing for them without thier consent and driver releasing the pkg is a good way to be terminated. It's not the end of the world to come back tomorrow or the day after. Most of the time, they "will call" after the first attempt.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I haven't signed without the customer being present. Signing for them without thier consent and driver releasing the pkg is a good way to be terminated. It's not the end of the world to come back tomorrow or the day after. Most of the time, they "will call" after the first attempt.
COVID PANDEMIC , EVERYONE IS HOME WAITING FOR THE LIQOUR

Whither

Scofflaw
I don't screw around with alcohol (or sig-required in general). Sometimes people leave a note "The neighbor next door will sign." To me that reads NI1.

I always make a racket for sig-required pkgs, and today had my first wine delivery for a house that gets something twice a week. As I'm completing the service cross I hear a woman yelling from across the street. Ignore her, go ahead and fill out the infonotice. As I'm walking back to the truck she approaches telling me she's the consignee's mother ... I'm inclined to believe her but nope, sorry, gonna cover my ass. "Other drivers do it all the time." Sorry, company policy, have a good one.

542thruNthru

Does anyone know someone who has gotten fired for releasing alcohol without getting a signature or without making contact with customer?

During Covid, we're not getting physical signatures. We're just typing cvd and then the last name of the customer. What if someone did that and left the package without making customer contact?

UPS will claim dishonesty and terminate you. You may get your job back but you may not. Its not worth it!

BrownBaggage

I don't screw around with alcohol (or sig-required in general). Sometimes people leave a note "The neighbor next door will sign." To me that reads NI1.

I always make a racket for sig-required pkgs, and today had my first wine delivery for a house that gets something twice a week. As I'm completing the service cross I hear a woman yelling from across the street. Ignore her, go ahead and fill out the infonotice. As I'm walking back to the truck she approaches telling me she's the consignee's mother ... I'm inclined to believe her but nope, sorry, gonna cover my ass. "Other drivers do it all the time." Sorry, company policy, have a good one.
One dude refused to come out for a signature and through his window he kept shaking his head when I asked for a first name. So I left an info notice and sent his Apple product to a UPS store an AP pickup. If you won’t give me your name or acknowledge what I’m doing, I have no problem sending it back to shipper or making you go pick it up. Simple as that.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
No thanks. I’ll leave my info notice and try the next day.

If it’s just a signature required I’ll mark sign the back option and release next day if they sign it because of the virus situation. Negates customer interaction for safety reasons. Can’t get mad at me for that during these times. Also means I don’t have to redeliver a 3rd day.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

You can leave a basic signature required package with owners consent on info notice at a neighbors address, but not with alcohol or anything requiring 21+. Of its 21+ someone has to be of age at the address to accept.

Just remember to leave another info notice that the package was left at said address.

Whither

Scofflaw
You can leave a basic signature required package with owners consent on info notice at a neighbors address, but not with alcohol or anything requiring 21+. Of its 21+ someone has to be of age at the address to accept.

Just remember to leave another info notice that the package was left at said address.

Yup, I'm aware, maybe the post wasn't clear. Usually it's alcohol when people post their own notes to leave it w the neighbor.