Driver release

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I am in a metro area with a lot of apt bldgs......we are all being instructed to leave all pkgs at mailboxes as 1 stop.....any opinions on this and is it happening anywhere else?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
tZOS8.gif
The title of this thread....is misleading.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I know what the corporate training says.....I read it 100 times when we all were instructed to do it.....read it to management and Lp they said it was ok to do it

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In pcm the message from the dm and center manager with 50 guys there driver release apt bldgs as 1 stop on the ground floor by mailboxes....we all questioned the training they said that's what we want you to do.......shop steward then went to Lp and the union they said we have to do as the dm and center manager say........I just found that odd.....didn't know if it was across the whole country or not.......also dm and center manager said we will not be disiplined for following there instruction

barnyard

KTM rider
Work as directed. What difference does it make what the rest of the country is doing??

Eventually, there will be enough stolen packages that you will have to go back to the methods. Until then, you should work as directed.

barnyard

KTM rider
Yesterday, I had 2 buildings, 1 office. I went to both buildings, rang every apartment, left a DR notice by the mailboxes and took the packages to the office. It was 12 stops and took over 20 minutes to do. The office will not sign unless we attempt every apartment. While they may not know, I would hate to burn that bridge and have them refuse to sign for any.

Anyways of those 12 stops, 8 were Amazon. Amazon is demanding lower and lower shipping bills, I wonder if this is going to be the next step for them.