Driver Release

Zowert

I never* sign the signature box, not even a line - it's just asking for trouble. Just use release number for any Surepost. If you are at a business with multiple packages and ones a Surepost, just RelNum that particular package in the list and then it will allow CIR for the rest.

*I did/do write CD in the box for covid signatures, but that was in line with company training.
This is what I do. I avoid signatures as much as possible. If I can’t CIR a business, I’ll release it as met customer. I’ve been doing this for years and no one has said anything.

I know someone that leaves the signature box empty and just types the customer’s name in. Calls it a phantom signature. I’m sure it will get him in trouble one of these days.

Iamsomebody

This is what I do. I avoid signatures as much as possible. If I can’t CIR a business, I’ll release it as met customer. I’ve been doing this for years and no one has said anything.

I know someone that leaves the signature box empty and just types the customer’s name in. Calls it a phantom signature. I’m sure it will get him in trouble one of these days.
How do you bypass the cir screen. The only way I know is to select shipper release.

AKCoverMan

Nah not me. I just never heard of this sig required for every apartment thing before. So if you have a 4th floor irreg you drag it up there 3 days in a row? Not being condescending just asking an honest question.
Honest answer: I’m not even taking an irregular sig required off the car until I know I’m getting rid of it and where it’s going. Not ever gonna unload it and then reload it.

AKCoverMan

Problem with doing a true commercial stop as “met customer” is that will automatically record the stop as a residential stop which will bill the shipper a residential surcharge they should not be charged.

Zowert

Problem with doing a true commercial stop as “met customer” is that will automatically record the stop as a residential stop which will bill the shipper a residential surcharge they should not be charged.
It shouldn’t. After hitting the RelNum soft key then Met Customer and stop complete button it prompts you with “1 - Residential, 2 - Commercial.” As long as you hit 2 it should be recorded as a commercial stop.

35years

Gravy route
Now I know why you guys get jacked stop counts. Are you that idiotic?

Don't DR what you are not supposed to. You are helping them brick out your truck. Otherwise your stop counts will steadily increase.

Every cover driver wants my route because it isn't jacked up.
No shortcuts, file on 9.5s. Idiot runners can't believe I move less in a week than they do in a day.

clean hairy

Who cares?
A 150 lb anvil Rod is having delivered is shown as 20 lbs on the label.
Mngmt does not want to weight audit, as it would delay delivery.
We get some of the $ back that they short us on, by getting the resi surcharge.

AKCoverMan

Who cares?
A 150 lb anvil Rod is having delivered is shown as 20 lbs on the label.
Mngmt does not want to weight audit, as it would delay delivery.
We get some of the $ back that they short us on, by getting the resi surcharge.
Depending where that 150lb box travelled it probably was already upcharged to correct weight. Packag s going thru newer automated hubs have weight and dimensions checked automatically. Not a good reason to charge commercial stops a resi surcharge.

AKCoverMan

It shouldn’t. After hitting the RelNum soft key then Met Customer and stop complete button it prompts you with “1 - Residential, 2 - Commercial.” As long as you hit 2 it should be recorded as a commercial stop.
Yes but in the example given they didn’t mention using “relnum”

quad decade guy

Realizing things change....we were never allowed to DR apartments. Period. Every office held pkgs....for me at least. I avoided any routes that had apt's. My last route had none. I would pick heavy industrial over apt's any day.

If you DR'd an apt and the pkg got claimed.........you would absolutely be expected to pay for it. Flame on!

Realizing things change....we were never allowed to DR apartments. Period. Every office held pkgs....for me at least. I avoided any routes that had apt's. My last route had none. I would pick heavy industrial over apt's any day.

If you DR'd an apt and the pkg got claimed.........you would absolutely be expected to pay for it. Flame on!
tenor (2) (2).gif

AKCoverMan

If you DR'd an apt and the pkg got claimed.........you would absolutely be expected to pay for it. Flame on!y
So went I started 17ish years ago it was that way but at some point the DR training left apartments as a bit of a grey area by saying “apartments or condominiums with separate private entrances may be driver released” so it’s at the drivers discretion if the package can be released out of sight and safe from weather.

I’ll dr at a four plex or eight plex when each unit has a separate porch and entry way. But not in a hallway of apartment doors that the whole world has to walk by. Having said that I would fight any attempt by company to make any of our members pay for a bad DR only based on it be an apartment since the company opened the door to let the driver use judgement.