Driver runs over dog in driveway - Leaves note

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
He obviously knew the people and the dog. Even calling the dog by his name.
I know if I did that, I'd be shaken. Not sure if I'd realize the amount or lack of compassion I would write in a note.
Let alone if I'd write one. Just a sad situation.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I feel bad for the driver. No one wants that to happen, he probably feels terrible. It's a real shame the owner didn't have the common sense to contain their pet. No winners here.

oldupsman

True story. Had the same route for 25+. New people move in one of the small developments.
Little miserable dog always loose. Whole neighborhood hates it. Chases me everyday. Don't care
if I hit it or not. One day I do. Dead. Couple neighbors saw it happen. Nobody upset.
Drag it to their back door, put a delivery notice on it with
our center number.

Never heard a peep. Except from my local cop 2 days later. He said, "Thanks, dog was a pain
in my ass."

oldngray

nowhere special
True story. Had the same route for 25+. New people move in one of the small developments.
Little miserable dog always loose. Whole neighborhood hates it. Chases me everyday. Don't care
if I hit it or not. One day I do. Dead. Couple neighbors saw it happen. Nobody upset.
Drag it to their back door, put a delivery notice on it with
our center number.

Never heard a peep. Except from my local cop 2 days later. He said, "Thanks, dog was a pain
in my ass."
If the dog is running loose on the road its just a speed bump but if you hit it in the driveway good chance you would be charged with an accident.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He obviously knew the people and the dog. Even calling the dog by his name.
I know if I did that, I'd be shaken. Not sure if I'd realize the amount or lack of compassion I would write in a note.
Let alone if I'd write one. Just a sad situation.
I'd call my driver sup and tell them. Let them deal with it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The difference here is whether the dog was hit on a public road or in their private driveway. Public road they are fair game. Private driveway it is our fault, whether it was our fault or not.
Driver in my center was charged with an accident for a dog running into the road.
Cost him a year on his eventual Circle of Honor induction. The center manager was a dick !!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The difference here is whether the dog was hit on a public road or in their private driveway. Public road they are fair game. Private driveway it is our fault, whether it was our fault or not.
Would it matter if we were hit in someone's driveway or out on a public street walking a package somewhere????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Driver in my center was charged with an accident for a dog running into the road.
Cost him a year on his eventual Circle of Honor induction. The center manager was a dick !!!!
Circle of honor patch is a joke... If I get that someday I would have my wife take off the patches... I don't feel like walking around with patches on my uniform being a wantabe hot shot....although I might keep the small dinky 25 year coin medallion on the door of the rig... You can barely see it anyway...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know that but it wouldn't matter where we were hit in regards to a lawsuit etc, why does it matter where the dog is hit?? Just another bs way the company turns everything half ass backwards...total fact
You can't possibly be serious.

If the owner wants to file a lawsuit for us hitting their dog in the street no one is stopping them
But they are gonna lose.

Once that dog hits the street it's no different than hitting a squirrel or a deer.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Did his Circle of Honor patch have an asterisk?
He got another patch that looks like this
misc-girliedogskull-design.jpg

@teamyummymummy