Driver seniority, Saturday’s and dead days how does this work?

542thruNthru

This is accurate. They used to tell me the individual called off but I’d look at the code next to their name and see it was a lay-off. Now I just straight up ask the employee, and they tell me yeah I got a text asking if I wanted the day off. They told me this past Saturday a couple people used vacation/option days to take the day off. They’ve previously told us we can’t use vacation/option days on Saturday(I’ve tried this too and been denied)
Have you spoken with a steward or called your BA?

AKCoverMan

Seniority gives you the right to work.
Not the right to go home.

Well, in our local at least, there is language that if a junior employee is being laid off for day due to no work available that the more senior employee who wants to volunteer take the layoff day is entitled to do so. If multiple senior employees want off the most senior wins.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I’m a method follower so i’m definitely getting paid for my time. I don’t mind the Saturdays once in a while but I don’t really need the extra money. I’d rather have time with family. I just want to see what I can do about management not following seniority rules when it comes to forcing work on Saturday. Also I want to know how I can make sure someone isn’t given the option to stay home and not do their own route but force me to run it, especially since the route itself sucks.

Take a look at the schedule each week. If anyone with less senority is scheduled with the day off ask why and push the issue. Also if anyone is not scheduled point out that extra work must be offered top to bottom. If the driver only knows one route that is not your problem. Once they have made book then they are good to go. Isnt that what the diad cradle was introduced for? So nobody gets lost. Were you hired as a m-friend RPCD or a tues-sat? Also they can only continue to use mon-fri rpcd on Saturday for another month. Come November 1st they can go :censored2: themselves.