Driver Sleeping Aids

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Any one have trouble getting to sleep?
What type of sleeping aids do you use and how effective are they.
I also wanted something that didn't make one feel foggy when they wake up.

And Legal.
Don't care about the DOT or UPS since i am retired.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm lucky in that I've never had trouble falling asleep. Stone cold sober or with a buzz on-it don't matter. I'm out within a couple minutes of my head hitting the pillow. I've had fishing buddies who told me they have never seen someone who was out in such a hurry. Lucky I guess. My wife can toss and turn all night. Since I've retired its even better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm lucky in that I've never had trouble falling asleep. Stone cold sober or with a buzz on-it don't matter. I'm out within a couple minutes of my head hitting the pillow. I've had fishing buddies who told me they have never seen someone who was out in such a hurry. Lucky I guess. My wife can toss and turn all night. Since I've retired its even better.
I use to be like that!

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah ... I'm tired of getting to sleep at 6 am - 9 am and getting up 2 pm or 4 pm.

Maybe that's just your natural sleep pattern. They say everyone has one. Mine is from 1 or 2 a.m. to 8 to 10 a.m. Even when I was working I was always up until at least 1 a.m. and as long as I got 6 or 7 hours sleep I was fine.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe that's just your natural sleep pattern. They say everyone has one. Mine is from 1 or 2 a.m. to 8 to 10 a.m. Even when I was working I was always up until at least 1 a.m. and as long as I got 6 or 7 hours sleep I was fine.
I had to be up by 5 or 5:30 am when I worked ... then, I went to sleep around 11 or so.

I think mine is my natural sleeping pattern but it does not fit in with society ... even when retired.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had to be up by 5 or 5:30 am when I worked ... then, I went to sleep around 11 or so.

I think mine is my natural sleeping pattern but it does not fit in with society ... even when retired.

Screw society----your old like me---we are allowed to say friend it.