Driver told he can't cover a route.

542thruNthru

I'll ask the question first and you can read the rest if you care to.

Can a driver dictate who is not allowed to do his route?

Two drivers in my center do not get along. They haven't for probably a couple years now.

Driver A is a full time cover driver. He has done the route in question many times. Driver B recently won the route and because he does not like the other Driver he has told our center manager he can not do his route.

Today Driver A was told he will not be covering the route next week even though he won the bid. He believes this is also because they want him to do a different route that no one wants to do.

Our steward told Drive A to just drop it and not push the issue. Driver A is not happy because he enjoys the route and likes doing it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'll ask the question first and you can read the rest if you care to.

Can a driver dictate who is not allowed to do his route?

Two drivers in my center do not get along. They haven't for probably a couple years now.

Driver A is a full time cover driver. He has done the route in question many times. Driver B recently won the route and because he does not like the other Driver he has told our center manager he can not do his route.

Today Driver A was told he will not be covering the route next week even though he won the bid. He believes this is also because they want him to do a different route that no one wants to do.

Our steward told Drive A to just drop it and not push the issue. Driver A is not happy because he enjoys the route and likes doing it.
Is driver A the senior bid cover driver? If he is then he can do whatever route he wants when it is open.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We don't bid to cover routes.
Don't have ft cover although I'm unassigned and it's kind of the samething

I walked in today, saw what I was on, said nope, went to the Diad office, grabbed what I had the seniority to take, showed the center manager, he said fine and i put my stuff in the car.

While I don't have real experience with this I think the cover driver needs to contact the BA if the steward won't help him

542thruNthru

I told him to call our BA. If he will do it I don't know.

The problem I'm seeing is that this will cause more problems later if it is not handled correctly. I told the steward he shouldn't take one drivers side over the other. He should have given Driver A the info he needed instead of just saying let it go.

Where does it stop? If this is not handled other drivers may start forbidding other drivers to do their route while on vacation.

Would he just file on seniority?

542thruNthru

Some areas have been known to pick for the week on open routes. Curious on what the past precedence is for them

That is what we do. The sheet goes up with all the open routes on it for the following week. You bid on the routes you wanna do. If you don't bid you get stuck with what's left.

That is what we do. The sheet goes up with all the open routes on it for the following week. You bid on the routes you wanna do. If you don't bid you get stuck with what's left.
Driver B (the bid driver) has no right telling management who can or can not run his route while he is on vacation or just off for the day. Driver A (bid cover driver) has rights also. Unless the bid cover driver is doing something to sabotage the package car or the route (another issue) Driver B should let it go.