Driver Top Rate

KoennenTiger

Stick it out you are doing things right. It you want go to college my little brother went and got a master's degree in chemistry. He has $100,000 in slave debt, makes $20 an hour, with crap benefits, but still tries to talk :censored2: at me.

CoolStoryBro

Stick it out you are doing things right. It you want go to college my little brother went and got a master's degree in chemistry. He has $100,000 in slave debt, makes $20 an hour, with crap benefits, but still tries to talk :censored2: at me.

When I was taking Chemistry in college the professor proudly exclaimed that you could make 30k a year with a bachelors degree in chemistry! That was a decent salary back then. But not amazing at all.

BigBrownboxx

yeah that’s what my parents are telling me “stick it out, it will be worth it”

Dr.Brownz

Our hub is so small. there is no hybrid drivers. we don’t even do saturday ground

Dude learn how to speak english correctly. There ARE no hybrid drivers anywhere yet, it's a BS position they are trying to create in the new contract. Don't become a hybrid driver you will be abused and it is a lower rate.

They are not going to lower FT driver rate, they are just going to try to reduce the number of FT drivers by using hybrids.

john chesney

I have been at UPS for going on two years now. I have been here since high school as a part timer. I am not aloud to go driving because i am not 21 yet haha! i was wondering if in this next contract they are going to lower the driver rate for me? or would i be grandfathered in IF they did because i was hired under this contract? thank you guys
Just get the job and worry about that. You’ll get to top rate when you get there. If you go full time driver you should get rope rate

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Question in the hybrid driver thing. So let’s say I’m currently PT and I go hybrid driver.. can I later then go from hybrid to FT driver? Or would I be stuck at hybrid?
That will be local practice, determined in supplemental language. Here in NE we can switch between any FT class: 22.2, 22.3, FT driver feeders etc. However in some areas, that is not how it works.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Hybrid is a new thing proposed in the next contract. Hybrid drivers are full time, work weekends and earn less than regular package car drivers.
What if you’re a Mon-Fri driver and transfer to a different hub? Would you retain that schedule or be forced into hybrid driving? Hmmm :confused:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Maybe when you finish with the GED?
4C32406E-EDF3-4281-925D-CCC6443AE705.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are not going to lower FT driver rate, they are just going to try to reduce the number of FT drivers by using hybrids.

100% wrong.

What if you’re a Mon-Fri driver and transfer to a different hub? Would you retain that schedule or be forced into hybrid driving? Hmmm :confused:

It's pretty easy to find this information.

New UPS Combination Driver Jobs Protect Weekends for Package-Car Drivers, Address Issue of Forced Overtime, Create Full-Time Jobs

-Bug-