Driver Top Rate

BigBrownboxx

I have been at UPS for going on two years now. I have been here since high school as a part timer. I am not aloud to go driving because i am not 21 yet haha! i was wondering if in this next contract they are going to lower the driver rate for me? or would i be grandfathered in IF they did because i was hired under this contract? thank you guys

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have been at UPS for going on two years now. I have been here since high school as a part timer. I am not aloud to go driving because i am not 21 yet haha! i was wondering if in this next contract they are going to lower the driver rate for me? or would i be grandfathered in IF they did because i was hired under this contract? thank you guys
I’m sorry I don’t understand your question.

You would be under the new contract when you go driving. Whatever and whenever that will be. Going from PT to FT is just like starting a new job including filling out a new application.

Do you guys think they are going to lower it? the top rate for drivers?
The proposed top driver rate is going up by $4.15/hr by the end of the next contract. The worse that can happen is there is a wage freeze and no one see's that happening. Although there are a lot of UPS Teamsters that would accept that instead of a labor dispute and a work stoppage.

BigBrownboxx

Yeah just some of the
The proposed top driver rate is going up by $4.15/hr by the end of the next contract. The worse that can happen is there is a wage freeze and no one see's that happening. Although there are a lot of UPS Teamsters that would accept that instead of a labor dispute and a work stoppage.
some of the drivers at my hub say “the new contract is going to lower the driver rate by 4-5$ an hour for you guys” so i am curious if that is true

Yeah just some of the

some of the drivers at my hub say “the new contract is going to lower the driver rate by 4-5$ an hour for you guys” so i am curious if that is true
They are talking about the new proposed Art 22.4 combo driver classification. Does not effect current or new FT driver wages.

CoolStoryBro

Yeah just some of the

RPCD wages are not changing. That's regular package car driver. The only decrease in wages is the new hybrid driver proposed in the next contract.

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
Question in the hybrid driver thing. So let’s say I’m currently PT and I go hybrid driver.. can I later then go from hybrid to FT driver? Or would I be stuck at hybrid?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lay off the juice then. It was pretty clear.
0BC23903-330C-482C-80CD-83EEA7F7A366.gif