Driver transfer scenario..

UPSdad420

I’m having a difficult time finding a concrete answer to this & I don’t know who to ask above me. So here goes:

My wife enrolls in community college in the city we plan to move to. Does this make me eligible to transfer to that hub? (Giving that there are currently openings there). If YES, what does this mean for me. Losing seniority, pay rate? Would I now be 22.4? Lots of uncertainty.. but we want to move.

542thruNthru

I’m having a difficult time finding a concrete answer to this & I don’t know who to ask above me. So here goes:

My wife enrolls in community college in the city we plan to move to. Does this make me eligible to transfer to that hub? (Giving that there are currently openings there). If YES, what does this mean for me. Losing seniority, pay rate? Would I now be 22.4? Lots of uncertainty.. but we want to move.

I swear I'm going to make a gif or meme that says these things.

What supplemental are you under?

What position are you?

DOK

I think you’ll step right into a full time RPCD position, I heard there’s a few openings there.

RPCD, and the most recent contract. I graduated integrad and started driving in February ‘19
Ok, what local union are you?

Like myself I'm local 542.

Different areas have different "supplemental" contracts some with transfer rules and some with none.
191 I believe
You in Connecticut?

giphy (27).gif

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

Do you know what a shop steward is

UPSdad420

how come you wanna leave Conn.
We actually aren’t leaving the state, but wanting to move an hour away from where we are. My current commute is 55 min. Moving closer isn’t an option financially. So transferring hubs to a more affordable part of the state is ideal. Doesn’t seem possible though