Driver transfer scenario..

542thruNthru

I’m having a difficult time finding a concrete answer to this & I don’t know who to ask above me. So here goes:

My wife enrolls in community college in the city we plan to move to. Does this make me eligible to transfer to that hub? (Giving that there are currently openings there). If YES, what does this mean for me. Losing seniority, pay rate? Would I now be 22.4? Lots of uncertainty.. but we want to move.

You're a RPCD in the New England supplement. That I can see they do not allow transfers. Most areas do not allow transfers inside their locals let alone different states.

You would have to quit and hope to be rehired.

PTers are allowed to transfer for educational purposes but thats also after a year and doesn't count when its for their wife.

Good luck.

542thruNthru

We actually aren’t leaving the state, but wanting to move an hour away from where we are. My current commute is 55 min. Moving closer isn’t an option financially. So transferring hubs to a more affordable part of the state is ideal. Doesn’t seem possible though

Call your local but I'm pretty sure you can not transfer. @Boston25 who is in the New England supp could probably answer you transfer question better.

UPSdad420

You're a RPCD in the New England supplement. That I can see they do not allow transfers. Most areas do not allow transfers inside their locals let alone different states.

PTers are allowed to transfer for educational purposes but thats also after a year and doesn't count when its for their wife.

Good luck.
Nice. Thank you for the information. I get a lot of conflicting info. I’m leery about quitting and reapplying elsewhere in fear of becoming a 22.4. If it was guaranteed full time I’d do it. Does that require redoing integrad?

542thruNthru

Good luck.
Call your local but I'm pretty sure you can not transfer. @Boston25 who is in the New England supp could probably answer you transfer question better.
He's New England Supplement
@542thruNthru thank you

Thank you @MisplacedRailWorker for that information

DriverNerd

We actually aren’t leaving the state, but wanting to move an hour away from where we are. My current commute is 55 min. Moving closer isn’t an option financially. So transferring hubs to a more affordable part of the state is ideal. Doesn’t seem possible though

Is your commute going to stay 55 minutes? Because honestly that's not too bad. I know guys who've done hour drives for 20 years. How long does she plan to be at that school? If it's only a couple years, just tough it out.

Boston25

Nice. Thank you for the information. I get a lot of conflicting info. I’m leery about quitting and reapplying elsewhere in fear of becoming a 22.4. If it was guaranteed full time I’d do it. Does that require redoing integrad?
You can only transfer for education and or military as spelled out in the NMA. But you could always bid to another facility within your local. If you are in Local 25 there’s 6 buildings to choose from providing there’s bids open in those facilities.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’ll tell you this, back in the day before I hired on as a driver in Manhattan, I interviewed at almost 10 centers. One of them was South Norwalk Connecticut; I took the metro north there and literally walked 100 feet and I was in the building. I ended up settling down in Northern Westchester, and having a pretty long can you to the city every day… But the time on the metro north was great to have breakfast, shave in the bathroom, change, listen to music,

My point is we drive for a living. If you could leave the driving to somebody else, hell I would do That

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I swear I'm going to make a gif or meme that says these things.

What supplemental are you under?

What position are you?
Maybe @Wally can help?
1413659eikJ94NY.gif

Last edited: