Drivers at 43rd st doing different jobs

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
Drivers at 43rd st are doing car wash,painting package cars,doing clerk work and none are injured or taw. Out of classification and busting out the work to impress who knows who. 804 doing nothing about it !

teamster 804

If they are not TAW what are the stewards doing on those shifts in that building, why would they allow drivers to work out of classification.

teamster 804

I guess its just a big joke!!!! That's why nobody says anything in your building or even cares.Sorry not who you think, as you can tell by your responses on here nobody seems to care here either.Maybe you should move your post to the Union is done thread because that is really where we are at.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Drivers at 43rd st are doing car wash,painting package cars,doing clerk work and none are injured or taw. Out of classification and busting out the work to impress who knows who. 804 doing nothing about it !
Why do you care?
I thought at UPS, one worked as directed.
Is your thought that a driver can only do driver work?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is anyone filing grievances?
Why do you care?
I thought at UPS, one worked as directed.
Is your thought that a driver can only do driver work?
Spoken just like management!

teamster 804

Hey photag that is why they are called drivers, they drive brown trucks than they deliver packages.They are not porters,clerks,unloaders,mechanics or body and paint guys.Those are other peoples jobs.Just in case you are a little confused or slow for one reason or another.

Sent using BrownCafe App

EasyTrucker

Unless what ??

Sent using BrownCafe App
They shouldn't be doing those activities unless they are demanding their guaranteed 8. Here, if management cuts a route, driver is still guaranteed his 8 hours, so maybe he touches up scratches on package cars or pushes a broom, whatever to get 8 hours in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

teamster 804

They shouldn't be doing those activities unless they are demanding their guaranteed 8. Here, if management cuts a route, driver is still guaranteed his 8 hours, so maybe he touches up scratches on package cars or pushes a broom, whatever to get 8 hours in.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Amazing how you get two likes out of that comment.No drivers should not be working out of classification.These animals that we work for would ask you to shine there shoes while you were on the clock and tell you do it because they are paying you.They cut routes all the time whether they need to or not,with your philosophy whenever they are down clerks,car washers,unloaders,preloaders,body and paint guys they will just cut loads and reassign driver to cover those jobs.That is not the way it works if you are a driver you are a DRIVER PERIOD!!! If everyone covered everyone elses classification for whatever reason to help this thankless company out when in need they would abuse it just like they abuse everything else.Next thing you know clerk jobs are disappearing, drivers are correcting there own bad adds,everyone pulls in at night and unloads there own trucks therefore local sort jobs are disappearing,drivers pull in and wash there own trucks every other day,there goes the car washer jobs.So on and so on,does everyone understand now what working out of classification can cause now.

EasyTrucker

I'm not saying they should be doing other peoples work, what I'm saying is if drivers demanded their guaranteed 8 instead of going home for free, management would cut less routes because they would still have the same paid day no matter how many routes they cut. If it takes pushing a broom or patrolling the yard for debris eventually they will run out of "work"! If they push back with layoffs, file for unemployment which they hate! Here you can also displace 2 part timers to get your 8, and that isn't driving.

Sent using BrownCafe App

teamster 804

We obviously see things differently i am not going back and forth with this anymore.I see your point, but moving into different classifications causes problems especially dealing with a company treats there workforce like they own them,they will have you do everything under the sun while you are on the clock if we let them.