Drivers cheating to tear up routes

Not Rushin’

We have a couple newer drivers who brag about how much they’re under allowed. They come in early to set up their truck. One guy admits to speeding and justifies by saying he knows all the cops on his route, and when I point out that the off the the clock work and speeding is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.

Box Ox

New/young guys who are full of testosterone and the urge to show off and please the boss often don't know what they don't know. Sometimes it takes experience (injury/accident/management confrontation etc) and hearing about the experiences of other drivers over time to gain the knowledge that many of us have long since taken for granted.

iowa boy

We have a couple newer drivers who brag about how much they’re under allowed. They come in early to set up their truck. One guy admits to speeding and justifies by saying he knows all the cops on his route, and when I point out that the off the the clock work and speeding is cheating yourself and his union brothers and sisters, they say that it’s their business. It irritates me.

Let 'em run, then they can come take work off me because I'm gonna be over 9.5 again.

Overpaid Union Thug

Those are the guys that get my excess work thats cut due to me consistently following ORION 100% while on the 9.5 list.

quad decade guy

Well, you skipped over that speeding is illegal. Working off the clock and getting injured would be an interesting conversation....

Now, in the end.....speeding and having an accident up to and including killing someone would be an even more interesting conversation. Especially after getting fired.....

Might tell these guys that every move that pkg car makes is recorded.....even the speeding. It's all there.

UPS will fire them in a heartbeat. Ah hell, they'll be ORS's soon.....

quad decade guy

New/young guys who are full of testosterone and the urge to show off and please the boss often don't know what they don't know. Sometimes it takes experience (injury/accident/management confrontation etc) and hearing about the experiences of other drivers over time to gain the knowledge that many of us have long since taken for granted.
Or get promoted.....

542thruNthru

Eh in a few years they'll see that they keep getting put on the super heavy routes and then they'll start to complain to everyone how they get taken advantage of and it's not fair.

That's when I like to laugh at them. :)

Overpaid Union Thug

Eh in a few years they'll see that they keep getting put on the super heavy routes and then they'll start to complain to everyone how they get taken advantage of and it's not fair.

And they’ll start to call in on Mondays and Fridays due to exhaustion.

Never mind. They likely already call in on Mondays and Fridays already. Because being expected to work five days a week is.....ALSO.....not fair.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yet they continue to run. This is what always gives me a good laugh. Brown slave wtf why do I have 50 more stops and 50 more miles than you?

Because you’ll get it done maroon.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
What are you? Fresh meat?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It has been my observation on this board that many drivers comment on being scrutinized by management in one way or another and the "advice" generally given those posters is to remain focused on doing your job correctly and following the methods so that you have some precedent to fall back on. That being said, these "cowboy" drivers will get on the radar easy enough and be dealt with. With management seemingly trying to trip drivers up every chance they get, if you are doing things right, keep doing that and don't expend unnecessary energy worrying about someone else.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

i loved working next to them all the whining and crying when they would come take work off of me to keep me under 9.5 was my entertainment

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Maybe they'll slow eventually but I knew guys who ran like that their whole careers. There's a guy in my old feeder group who was like that in package and still does the exact same thing in feeders, driving up and down the road at 100mph and doing everything he can to get off the clock in under 8 hours. He's got 27 years in so I doubt he's gonna change.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Put in a grievance. Can't work off the clock.

MrBates

The process of getting jaded takes time. Just let nature take its course. Management will start piling on the stops and they'll be coming to take stops off some of the more "safer" drivers. First they may stop looking at the computer in the morning, then they actually might take a real break....and then, maybe actually take a dump on the clock. Eventually all this builds up and that last straw will turn them into the Teamster that's was dying to get out.