Drivers complaining about working without ac

Imabear

Quit crying you get paid over 40 an hour to hold a steering wheel. Its unskilled labor. Wahhhh its hot. Hub workers work in the heat and trucks that have been baking in the sun for 24 hours. Quit crying and hold that steering wheel and be grateful.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
you wouldn’t make it past your road test for tryouts
He’s a scab.
A6C81B66-9C6C-4B25-A266-DA9374C90DB8.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Be realistic, we can certainly have AC vehicles begin to build up in the fleet but a couple $10,000 ice machines and several hundred insulated "hot box" coolers for the trucks and main work areas is what we should be aiming for in the contract.

Be specific: 3-gallon machine capacity and insulated storage per heat exposed employee at max daily staffing. Purchased vehicles will not have AC removed if the typical model has it included. subject to maintenance of standards.

given the current ecommerce boom. The traditional package car fleet could use more vans and bed trucks regardless. where AC would work to some degree.

Last edited:

imjanedoe

banned slut
@rod,
Tell these a/c cryin' heat Queens how hot the jungles were in Vietnam.
Just because UPS used to let 2 sups ride with you in the cargo area doesn’t mean it was okay. Things change. Boomers were promised different things. I like it rough but not my whole life

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just because UPS used to let 2 sups ride with you in the cargo area doesn’t mean it was okay. Things change. Boomers were promised different things. I like it rough but not my whole life
What you willing to give up? It all comes down to money. It will cost plenty for the very short warm weeks of summer.

Coolers? Ice? Bring your own.

imjanedoe

banned slut
What you willing to give up? It all comes down to money. It will cost plenty for the very short warm weeks of summer.

We had excessive heat waves in Feb and April this year too. Humidity will kill you. I’d give up the AC subject if they allowed more insiders to do driver helper at top dollar rate year round. They abuse seasonal stuff.
UPS stopped guaranteeing their Air like they used to. We should start earlier and work less time in the heat. It would also mean less deliveries at night during daylight saving

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Be realistic, we can certainly have AC vehicles begin to build up in the fleet but a couple $10,000 ice machines and several hundred insulated "hot box" coolers for the trucks and main work areas is what we should be aiming for in the contract.

Be specific: 3-gallon machine capacity and insulated storage per heat exposed employee at max daily staffing. Purchased vehicles will not have AC removed if the typical model has it included. subject to maintenance of standards.

given the current ecommerce boom. The traditional package car fleet could use more vans and bed trucks regardless. where AC would work to some degree.
Why would you aim for these coolers in a contract. It is something the government requires companies to supply..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why would you aim for these coolers in a contract. It is something the government requires companies to supply..
WTH? Drivers can't even remove bottles of urine or HayZues knows what else. Split drivers are slobs like no other. You going to trust a community cooler???

JonDoe

We'll see what happens when it comes down to no raises and you get a/c or no a/c and you get raises. We'll see how soon everyone forgets about a/c.