Drivers drive sales

wornoutupser

Still I hope we can agree that operations is costing us money.

Compare how much "operations" costs versus "upper management" and I can show you where to cut the fat!

We are the ones making YOU the money!

SCV good to go sir.

Wow OP, where before I was so adamant against your topics, you've totally recruited me to your cause with this new topic.

You'll be pleased to know that I have generated hundreds of leads. Seeing as how you're the one who motivated me, I feel it is only fair to pass them onto you. I also understand that a forum is not the best means of posting hundreds of listings. Not to worry, after doing some research, I found out that there are these books that contain all the commercial listings in my local. Even better yet, these books exist for all the locals across the country.

Auckland_Yellow_pages.jpg

You're welcome.

sox

I'm confused is it 1 sock or 1 pair of socks for each lead and if the former is true is there a statue of limitations before the first lead expires and you have to start all over again. I hate having to pay for socks thank you

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Driver: this place ships 100 Fedex letters a day.
Sales: unable to contact, on the do not call list.
Driver: walk in the front door for gods sake, it's open 9 to 5 every day.

tapatio75

Does more volume mean keeping more routes in or just raping the ones that are already in even harder? I won't hold my breath on the former.
My truck averages 450-550 pkgs everyday, they gave me a new pick up last week and more deliveries for them (used to be 1-3 packages once in a while), today they got 90+, meaning that because of the holiday my count was 767, the truck is overloaded, the preloader sucks big time, and I have to go back to most of the stops because I can't find all the pkgs, so why would I look for SL when I can only fit so many pkgs in my 12 cube????? Somebody else delivered those today, and they were mad because they dont like getting air and ground at the same time ( used to fedex), thanks to the salesman promising thing that can't be done

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm confused is it 1 sock or 1 pair of socks for each lead and if the former is true is there a statue of limitations before the first lead expires and you have to start all over again. I hate having to pay for socks thank you

Statue----carved piece of granite standing in the Town Square.

Statute----law.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our company is fine. Idk why everyone is so doom and gloom all the time

I guess I get concerned when I see 4 gaping holes in our package car lineup on Mondays or when I see Ground already on road when I am driving to work at 8:30 in the morning or when I go to a pickup stop and there are more Ground than UPS packages sitting there.

Browndriver5

I guess I get concerned when I see 4 gaping holes in our package car lineup on Mondays or when I see Ground already on road when I am driving to work at 8:30 in the morning or when I go to a pickup stop and there are more Ground than UPS packages sitting there.

You have a solid start time then, our building starts at 0810 and 0830, and I believe we have been cutting routes on Monday for some time now

bbsam

Staff member
I have complete confidence in UPS. I just don't see us being below Fed Ex in the near future
Are you OK with us obtaining 42% of the market? 45%? At what number do you begin to feel nervous that UPS will start slashing costs (aka driver compensation)?

Last edited:

Packmule

I can honestly say that I have turned in every legitimate lead I've ever come across. In case sales guy forgot, it is illegal to turn in BS leads just to meet some quota.

Browndriver5

Are you OK with us obtaining 42% of the market? 45%? At what number do you begin to feel nervous that UPS will start slashing costs (aka driver compensation)?

I'm not really worried about that as I already think this will be the last contract where a driver tops out at $36 an hour.