Drivers going down.

kingOFchester

My building has had two drivers go down this week and taken to the hospital. One went down last night on the way back to the building and is still hospitalized. Feeder driver saw him on the side of the road having convulsions. Another driver was taken today. Any other building having issues with the heat? A few drop every year in our building.

My thoughts are with those who have suffered heat related issues.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think that heat shouldn't be an excuse to work slowly. Put on your big boy pants and giddy up. Remember, you're working for the best company in the world, the least you can do to show them gratitude is to work with some urgency.

upschick95

Knock on wood, we haven't had any yet. 94 degrees today with heat index close to 100. Tomorrow 97 degrees also pushing 100 with a heat index.

oldngray

nowhere special
Stay hydrated and if you pass out you will get a warning letter for failing to follow instructions. Or something else equally sympathetic.

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here in San Diego a driver had to throw away his water after it got too warm to drink. Stay hydrated guys, and fill your cooler with ice. This heat wave will eventually go away.

stink219

Medford MA. USPS mail carrier died.
http://mobile.boston.com/yourtown/news/medford/2013/07/medford_postal_worker_collapses_dies_on_the_job

My building has had two drivers go down this week and taken to the hospital. One went down last night on the way back to the building and is still hospitalized. Feeder driver saw him on the side of the road having convulsions. Another driver was taken today. Any other building having issues with the heat? A few drop every year in our building.

My thoughts are with those who have suffered heat related issues.
Maybe they should put less routes in so there's less of a chance at dehydration. Wait I think that's there plan now.

UPSGUY72

I fill my water bottle half full then lay them on there side in the freezer in the morning I take them out and fill them with water. Then I put them in my cooler and pack the cooler with ice.

When I'm at the building in the morning and they are giving out water and or gator aid I take some of them and drink them first before I break into my ice cold stash.

You also need to be drinking before you start working don't wait till start drinking until you get thirsty if you do you already behind and setting yourself up for problems....

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I think that heat shouldn't be an excuse to work slowly. Put on your big boy pants and giddy up. Remember, you're working for the best company in the world, the least you can do to show them gratitude is to work with some urgency.

We have had 3 get sick here. 1 hospitalized for 3 days with kidney failure due to dehydration. It's serious the things dehydration can do to your body

thessalonian13

I fill my water bottle half full then lay them on there side in the freezer in the morning I take them out and fill them with water. Then I put them in my cooler and pack the cooler with ice.

When I'm at the building in the morning and they are giving out water and or gator aid I take some of them and drink them first before I break into my ice cold stash.

You also need to be drinking before you start working don't wait till start drinking until you get thirsty if you do you already behind and setting yourself up for problems....
Wow!!!! you guys got water/gatorade? They gave us nothing here. LOL

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
AND YOUR AN IDIOT DUDE. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO RUN THEIR PLANTERS(nutts) OFF IN 98 DEGREES. GO AHEAD AND DO IT AND END UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH A HEATSTROKE LIKE A JACKASS. REALLY IDIOT COMMENT DUDE REALLY. YOU NEED TO BE SAFE AND STAY HYDRATED AND WORK AT A SAFE PACE WITH THE HEAT A PACE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AT WHETHER THATS SLOW OR FAST. ONLY THE DRIVER KNOWS HIS PACE. IM SORRY MY HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEIR BS FAKE MADE UP NUMBERS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I found this really nice cooler at our local grocery store. The lining is filled with a freezable gel, that when you leave it in the freezer overnight, it helps everything stay nice and cool. Not even being a driver for 5 years, I've bought & thrown away several coolers over that time, so I've developed a system that, thankfully I no longer need.

I take a gallon jug of Ice water which stays cold ALL day. I also bring roughly 100 ounces of Gatorade, and I would freeze half of them and leave the other half just chilled. I also threw in a few ice packs for good measure. With this new sexy cooler, I don't freeze any of the drinks and everything stays cold until 7 o'clock or so.

AND YOUR AN IDIOT DUDE. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO RUN THEIR PLANTERS(nutts) OFF IN 98 DEGREES. GO AHEAD AND DO IT AND END UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH A HEATSTROKE LIKE A JACKASS. REALLY IDIOT COMMENT DUDE REALLY. YOU NEED TO BE SAFE AND STAY HYDRATED AND WORK AT A SAFE PACE WITH THE HEAT A PACE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AT WHETHER THATS SLOW OR FAST. ONLY THE DRIVER KNOWS HIS PACE. IM SORRY MY HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEIR BS FAKE MADE UP NUMBERS.
Tell them like it is!!Run too fast you drop dead. . walk too slow and they fire you!! Try to be somewhere in the middle!!