Drivers: if your 6000 section is slammed

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
On the floor. I'm much more likely to look there for a 6500 package than on the 5000 shelf. Unless it was a bulk stop of the same distinct looking packages that I could easily spot on the 5000 shelf. Even in that case, I'd prefer the floor first and then the 5000 shelf as a last resort.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
If it makes sense to do a move like that just tell the driver but I am sure the surepost bags would easily stick out.

Im sure its different at most hubs but say I have 150ish packages in surepost for a truck. Ill probably load about 100 of those with maybe 3 or 4 bags coming through. Some of those bags have like 1 or 2 at the most Lol. But yeah I can pretty much put those anywhere there is room because the drivers will know what they are anyways

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Im sure its different at most hubs but say I have 150ish packages in surepost for a truck. Ill probably load about 100 of those with maybe 3 or 4 bags coming through. Some of those bags have like 1 or 2 at the most Lol. But yeah I can pretty much put those anywhere there is room because the drivers will know what they are anyways
Floor. I'd rather have it mixed with the surepost than on the wrong shelf.
All our routes that deliver surepost deliver them early in the day, almost always first stop after NDA's.

over9five

Staff member
My preloader would draw a big arrow with the grease marker on a package on the shelf pointing to where the package that wouldn't fit was.

Box Ox

If you let the driver know where you moved it. Wherever is best for you as a preloader. Either tell them or a quick note left on the seat

Yep. I'd suggest the loader write it on the route load sheet with their marker since they're taken down and tossed anyway. A quick 5 second "1x5500@bk6k" scribble works for me.

WorknLateHuh

Is that sarcasm? You got beef, bruh?

dont know, but i think its a good question.

Loaders that actually have pride in their work and try to, somewhat, accomodate their driver will, in turn, accomodate the customers if they become a driver.

idk if you're going that route Matty with your business, but you have a good work ethic.

We joke around a lot, but its really becoming clear that work ethic is disintegrating at the upper level and our level. smh

Johney

I had a resi run before going into feeders, my biggest problem was not the loader as if I got bulk there usually was room on the floor to put it all together, the problem I constantly had was the dispatcher PALing 80 of my 150 stops to the 6000 section then nothing in the 8000. WTF? And don't give me that nonsense about the loader should've "snaked" the load,that crap never worked.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
dont know, but i think its a good question.

Loaders that actually have pride in their work and try to, somewhat, accomodate their driver will, in turn, accomodate the customers if they become a driver.

idk if you're going that route Matty with your business, but you have a good work ethic.

We joke around a lot, but its really becoming clear that work ethic is disintegrating at the upper level and our level. smh

Thanks dude. I do take pride in my work. I mess around on here a bit because it makes me laugh when I can get people fired up, but I don't really mean anything negative.

Actually, just to brag a bit, I have the least amount of misloads on my line, and one of the least in the building. That's all well and good and all, but really im stoked just because I don't have to hear it from management lol