Drivers in my center mad because they are forced to take lunch.

billerz

I'm so confused by this whole situation. This last week our management team said all drivers must complete their full hour lunch by 5pm, or 8th hour, per the contract. Multiple veteran drivers are complaining about this, I never realized how many people run through the day and take break at the end. These are guys with over 15 years in, is this a normal thing at your center?

I personally take 40 mins or so during the day and the last 10-15 mins in the building, so it's not that big of a change for me. I just figured guys would be happy that management is adhering to the contract.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We are required to take at least a 30 minute uninterrupted lunch, but no one is every forced to take a whole hour unless they are under dispatched.

I think the issue is them taking their lunch at the center when they're done instead of on road between either the 4th and 6th or 6th and 8th hour

watdaflock?

'm so confused by this whole situation. This last week our management team said all drivers must complete their full hour lunch by 5pm, or 8th hour, per the contract. Multiple veteran drivers are complaining about this, I never realized how many people run through the day and take break at the end. These are guys with over 15 years in, is this a normal thing at your center?
I feel zero remorse for our veteran drivers and them no longer being allowed to take lunch break whenever they want.

unfrickinbelievable the narcissism of some drivers...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm so confused by this whole situation. This last week our management team said all drivers must complete their full hour lunch by 5pm, or 8th hour, per the contract. Multiple veteran drivers are complaining about this, I never realized how many people run through the day and take break at the end. These are guys with over 15 years in, is this a normal thing at your center?

I personally take 40 mins or so during the day and the last 10-15 mins in the building, so it's not that big of a change for me. I just figured guys would be happy that management is adhering to the contract.
Most people don't care about the contract until something negatively affects them.

JL 0513

I often save at least half my lunch for the end during the winter to avoid delivering much after dark. Just makes it easier. Plus, sitting a whole hour at a time is a bit much.

billerz

Are they doing it to make sure their pickups make the trailer?
This is what a lot of drivers in my area do, including myself. I'm still a swing driver, and I'd rather make the air trailer and take my remaining break in the building, then have to make another driver spend more of their day helping me because I would have been 20 mins late.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Yea well this is what we have to put up with now
lunch screen.jpg