Drivers list.

Get me a steward

When you want to go FT PC driving, is there a list that you put your name on or do you sign a bid sheet like every other job that opens?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

When you want to go FT PC driving, is there a list that you put your name on or do you sign a bid sheet like every other job that opens?

Sent using BrownCafe App

You do both. They usually put up a list for PT wanting to go FT at the beginning of the year sign it and sign every driving bid that they put up.

In my area they have a 3 displacement limit bids if after that they place a PT in the open position those PT come from the list they put up at the beginning of the year by seniority of the people on that list. So if there are higher seniority PT wanting to go FT but they never signed that list and you did you get picked before they do if the bidding would have met a four move. That how I got my position.

If they put a route up for bid it goes by seniority of who ever signs that bid.

Box Ox

Bid sheets go up earlier in the year. Sign them all as you never know who might not qualify or back out. You might want to give holiday temp driving a shot as management won't run the numbers on you and you'll get a feel for whether you'd definitely like to leave PT for it forever or opt for PT and another job. Summer temp driving will give you the best idea as you're given more feedback on how you're doing and have a chance to experience how hot the inside of a package car can get.