Drivers man...I have nothing but respect for you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Drivers work their balls off. No offense to the ladies, but if you rock this job, then you have earned an honorary set. There's so much more brain usage in driving than you'd think...especially on those bad load days...those suck. Today was awful. I know it's not much to some of ya out there, but I delivered 113 stops, 375 pieces, picked up 200 and had 70 miles. I fought my load for the first hour because I had nowhere else to put the packages. I sincerely hope that first overtime laden paycheck makes this all worth it. Tomorrow is a new day and damnit...a better one! I learned something else today...I wanted to quit...lots today. But at the end of the day, I looked back on it, and it wasn't so bad. I got better at my resis, and I know what to break for now. Training on Mothers Day weekend during record heat blows, but it's gotta make it better in the long run. That's long enough. Mad respect for the drivers though...mad respect.

Buck Fifty

Drivers work their balls off. No offense to the ladies, but if you rock this job, then you have earned an honorary set. There's so much more brain usage in driving than you'd think...especially on those bad load days...those suck. Today was awful. I know it's not much to some of ya out there, but I delivered 113 stops, 375 pieces, picked up 200 and had 70 miles. I fought my load for the first hour because I had nowhere else to put the packages. I sincerely hope that first overtime laden paycheck makes this all worth it. Tomorrow is a new day and damnit...a better one! I learned something else today...I wanted to quit...lots today. But at the end of the day, I looked back on it, and it wasn't so bad. I got better at my resis, and I know what to break for now. Training on Mothers Day weekend during record heat blows, but it's gotta make it better in the long run. That's long enough. Mad respect for the drivers though...mad respect.

Still loving that enthusiasm. God Bless ya brother !!!

PS - Lose it !:wink2:

Future

Victory Ride
One box at a time,one stop at a time.....if you get flustered early take your 10min break and hit your reset button....you will always get done and always go home

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Once you've been doing it for a while the drama goes away and it's more like a factory/assembly line job, just putting the square peg in the square hole and the only real variable is the length of your shift.

jaker

trolling
Square peg in square hole yeah right , more like square peg in round hole and pound it till it goes in kind of shift

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The only days that get to me anymore are the ill be pushing 14 hour days. I can feel the anxiety start to get to me when I'm not sure if ill get done or not. Same way with air when I thought I had plenty of time to mix in ground. Then am busting it for those last few.

Ps. Mother's Day freaking sucks.

tarbar66

The only days that get to me anymore are the ill be pushing 14 hour days. I can feel the anxiety start to get to me when I'm not sure if ill get done or not. Same way with air when I thought I had plenty of time to mix in ground. Then am busting it for those last few.

Ps. Mother's Day freaking sucks.
I remember delivering the week before Mothers Day getting the same sized boxes, same labels going to different Mothers and Grandmothers in different towns. It helped me figure out who all was related to who by marriage.

This was back before diads, computer generated labels, tracking #'s and part time preload(we had a driver sort & load).

Back then we were not allowed to be on the clock more than 11 hours except during peak.

UPSmeoff

Once you've been doing it for a while the drama goes away and it's more like a factory/assembly line job, just putting the square peg in the square hole and the only real variable is the length of your shift.

This is exactly how i feel. I get so bored at the monotony of the job. Same stuff to the same people day in and day out.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Some days when you just have an idiotic amount of stops just relax and move at a slow relaxed pace. You know your day is going to suck and your probably going to plan out like dooky anyway so why stress yourself and kill yourself screw it dude. Aint my fault and aint my problem lol. Its funny how alot of guys think the same way lol

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I just run pm air. Great job,but the monotony can be awful. Only excitement is delivering some mis loaded air, or maybe a few extra on calls.

That's why I talk on my phone listen to my iPod and stream radio all day everyday.

S

serenity now

i just put off stops * no music * when there are no more stops, i hook up to the tp60 and head in * repeat daily