Drivers not being able to sleep well at night (Off Topic Welcomed)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everyone at UPS has to do certain things as part of their job responsibilities that they feel bad about.
What are some of the things you would like to do to take care of your customers but you can't because "higher ups" will not let you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you feel bad about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

My conscience would keep me awake.

Everyone at UPS has to do certain things as part of their job responsibilities that they feel bad about.
What are some of the things you would like to do to take care of your customers but you can't because "higher ups" will not let you.
I have commercial stops where the customer lives on my route also.

If their shop was closed, I would leave it at their house.

Now I would get fired for dishonesty.

I just do the best I can.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you feel bad about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

What if you don't have a conscience?

oldngray

nowhere special
You can't do it anymore. The GPS shoes you aren't at the correct address. And you can't release the package because it's a business address.

And they wonder why we quit caring .
do I care.gif

ManInBrown

See ... drivers don't have a conscience ...

First driver to weigh in and he/she doesn't care.
Where in that post does it reveal I don't have a conscience? I show up every day, give them a fair day's work, for a fair day's pay, and go home. What exactly would I be expected "to take home with me"? I deliver packages. I deliver everything, pick up everything, don't hit anything, and try my best to not get injured. I'm supposed to not be able to sleep at night because I'm 40 clicks over according their DisneyLand numbers? LOL

Turdferguson

Just a turd

When I drove I always tried to what was in the best interest of my customers on my route,

So you are saying that you didn't sleep well when you were with UPS