Drivers not scanning on pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduttonnc

a friend who works at ups suggested this site

I recently started selling my old electronics on eBay. I pay ups an extra 10$ to pick up the package. 1/2 the time it's not scanned by the driver. Not only does this throw ebay off, I've had some lost. With no scan, there's no proof. Luckily I have a ring door bell with motion detection that shows the driver picking them up. Once ups saw this I could file a claim

In a nutshell drivers should be REQUIRED to scan anything they pick up. That way if it gets lost, the shipper isn't left hanging and ups doesn't get a bad rep.

As of now I have to open the door and request the driver scan them

Customer service says scanning is optional because the driver picking up may be a delivery driver who's delivering near my house assigned to it. Then why the 10$ pickup charge? If I'm to spend 10$, it should be a dedicated pickup driver OR the delivery driver should scan it.

Plus for us that sell on eBay , if a driver fails to scan, I don't get my funds released for 14 days. If the driver scans it, funds are released on the spot

And I'm business not residential. Anytime I order something online, it's ALWAYS scanned at pickup. When it's not my normal driver, I've had some refuse to scan it. Then I have to call the hub and have a scan time manually added

It's just dangerous leaving it to driver discretion to scan or not. I stick with ups because shipping rates are lower but fedex drivers are REQUIRED to scan any/all pickups. Why is ups so lax on this?

PT Car Washer

I recently started selling my old electronics on eBay. I pay ups an extra 10$ to pick up the package. 1/2 the time it's not scanned by the driver. Not only does this throw ebay off, I've had some lost. With no scan, there's no proof. Luckily I have a ring door bell with motion detection that shows the driver picking them up. Once ups saw this I could file a claim

In a nutshell drivers should be REQUIRED to scan anything they pick up. That way if it gets lost, the shipper isn't left hanging and ups doesn't get a bad rep.

Customer service says scanning is optional because the driver picking up may be a delivery driver who's delivering near my house assigned to it. Then why the 10$ pickup charge? If I'm to spend 10$, it should be a dedicated pickup driver OR the delivery driver should scan it.

Plus for us that sell on eBay , if a driver fails to scan, I don't get my funds released for 14 days. If the driver scans it, funds are released on the spot

And I'm business not residential. Anytime I order something online, it's ALWAYS scanned at pickup. When it's not my normal driver, I've had some refuse to scan it. Then I have to call the hub and have a scan time manually added

It's just dangerous leaving it to driver discretion to scan or not. I stick with ups because shipping rates are lower but fedex drivers are REQUIRED to scan any/all pickups. Why is ups so lax on this?
UPS drivers are required to work as management directs. Not UPS customers. You should be posting your complaint in the partners section.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Pick up scan means nothing. Drop it off at a store or a customer center and get a receipt.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Oh man. So when my last pick up has 500 packages, I should just sit there and scan every package. Even the smalls in bags too.

That'll add 2 hours to my day.

Awesome

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Your post is a great start. All you need to do now is figure out how to get your message across to the 95,000 UPS drivers that arent on Brown Cafe including, in all likelihood, yours.

billerz

If you scheduled an OCA, the driver can scan it. If it is a daily or smart pickup, we are instructed not to scan those packages, unless it's a bank or special case. Talk with your sales rep and maybe you can get it noted to always scan the pickup like Chase or Bank of America do.
All I would say is don't be mad at the drivers, they are just doing what they are told.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It would make sense to scan ODS pickups however we have been directed by our management teams not to scan any pickup piece with exception of ARS and prepaid packages a customer may give us.

SafetyFirst

It would make sense to scan ODS pickups however we have been directed by our management teams not to scan any pickup piece with exception of ARS and prepaid packages a customer may give us.
Management told us to not even scan those because it takes too much time, just put in the number of packages (even though it subsequently says the number doesn't match)

PT Car Washer

Oh man. So when my last pick up has 500 packages, I should just sit there and scan every package. Even the smalls in bags too.

That'll add 2 hours to my day.

Awesome
All letter box pick ups have to be scanned and yes sometimes that could mean a hundred or two hundred at some large insurance companies, may add 10 or 15 minutes to your day sitting in an air conditioned building scanning NDA letters.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I was being sarcastic. I have two huge pick ups at the end of the day. They average anywhere from 500-700 each pick up and most are already in the forever smalls bags.

I'm aware that all letter box pick ups have to be scanned. Never had more than maybe 50 at a letter box. But I'm sure it happens.

I just scan the end of day and put in the total per management minus the skim total from earlier.

We used to scan them all at these two big pick ups but the center manager and the DM changed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.