Drivers parking illegally

OptimusPrime

Came across this video.

[video]http://youtu.be/cI3wW9fNOWg[/video]

I guess this never crossed my mind. When I drove seasonally, I was trained to basically park in front of the store, put on the flashers, and get in and get out. Also, was basically told it was dangerous to myself and customers to be driving the lot, looking for a space, etc. Not to mention if you did in fact use a space, you would be double parked.

I mean, seems anytime I see a UPS truck, this is the norm. Have any of you guys been trained otherwise?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Came across this video.

I guess this never crossed my mind. When I drove seasonally, I was trained to basically park in front of the store, put on the flashers, and get in and get out. Also, was basically told it was dangerous to myself and customers to be driving the lot, looking for a space, etc. Not to mention if you did in fact use a space, you would be double parked.

I mean, seems anytime I see a UPS truck, this is the norm. Have any of you guys been trained otherwise?

You work for UPS and still asked the question? Am I missing something?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it's their vehicle parking tickets are on them

Be careful with statements such as this. This may be true if you are simply double parked but if you choose to park illegally then the ticket may very well be on you. Park in a fire lane, handicapped spot, in front of a fire hydrant or in a manner which impedes traffic and you may very well end up paying for that ticket.

I saw this guy flick him off call him an a hole and tell him that he knows where he lives. On top of this he pulled away from the stop without first securing his seat belt. This knuckle head might have a date with labor manager in his future.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Came across this video.

We are trained to park as close and as safely as possible.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont call what I do "parking"...I call it "pausing".:happy-very:

All joking aside, the garbage truck doesnt always park legally either. It is wrong under any circumstances to park in a handicap spot, but in some areas you have to bend the rules a little bit in order to get anything done.

It has been my experience that many of the same people who will bitch and complain about the manner in which we park are also the first people who will bitch and complain about a late or inconsistent delivery time.

I had a store owner chew me out one time for taking up 3 spaces in his tiny little parking area. He owned a book store and there was no other parking for blocks. So one day I waited until 5:45 PM (he closed at 6) when his lot was almost empty to make his delivery. He got the point and quit whining about how I parked.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Those who point fingers should remember that there are always 3 fingers pointing back. I would not be the least bit surprised to find out the one shooting the video has illegally parked at some point in his life.

barnyard

KTM rider
As soon as the driver saw the video camera, he should have shut his door and called a supe. I would have also called the police. Current Homeland Security laws look dimly on anyone messing with someone involved in interstate transport of goods.

All that said, the camera guy got lucky finding a driver that was so easily pushed over the edge. I feel bad for the driver.

brett636

Both the driver, and the guy doing the video came at it the wrong way. First off when I drove air I had to go into strip malls and sometimes had to illegally park to make my pickup. The truck was too big, and the time window to make the pickup too small to try to find a perfect legal parking space for what was sometimes a 28-30 ft truck. I always tried to pick somewhere that I thought minimized the chances of me blocking somebody in or getting hit while I was parked. Sometimes the parking spot wasn't the best, and this is especially true in the winter but I did my best to get in and get out so that my time spent in the less than ideal parking space was as short as possible. The guy doing the video just wanted pick on this driver in order to get a good video for his youtube channel, and sadly the driver obliged by giving him the over reaction that he was looking for.

packageguy

Came across this video.

I was trained to find a safe place, if not than double park, fold the mirrow

upserr1

Be careful with statements such as this. This may be true if you are simply double parked but if you choose to park illegally then the ticket may very well be on you. Park in a fire lane, handicapped spot, in front of a fire hydrant or in a manner which impedes traffic and you may very well end up paying for that ticket.
agreed common sense must be used

dcdriver

nations capital
park illegally all. company pays ALL parking tickets, its in the contract. Somedays get up to 10 parking tickets a day. Price of doing business in DC.

UPSGUY72

Some guy in Denver racked up over $5000 worth of parking tickets.

I try to find a "legal ' parking spot within a reasonable distance to the point where I'm making the delivery however that isn't always possible. In that case I make my own parking place and deliver the package and move on to the next stop as safely and fast as possible.

whiskey

The local police are in a union and, for the most part, are very kind to the men and women in brown. Often assisting package car drivers to the safest location to park and make delivery.