Drivers Should be Allowed to Carry Guns

LaTulla

I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

1) Must have CCW license (in state’s where applicable)
2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant
3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:
A) store your weapon while in the building
B) collect the weapon when leaving for route
C) storing weapon upon return to building
D) collecting when you leave for the day.

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.

truckofdreams

Driving in central Florida with how desperate most people live day to day it should be mandatory every one carry’s. It’s Florida every one is strap anyways. With thousands of dollars of merchandise in the back we are always a target. Or driving with are doors open anyone can walk right up to us. I don’t know if the outcome would of been different but at least give our brother a chance to make it home if he had a way to protect him self. I doubt they will pcm anything this morning. Let’s all take a minute of silence at are pcm for our brother.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yes. They should. It's why I carried nearly every day there anyway, policy be damned.

But the following I object to. A properly carried and concealed gun has no reason to ever leave your body just because you're in the center.

3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:

I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.
This has to about the craziest post I have ever read.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Buncha paranoid sheep. You gonna put a holster next to your DIAD pouch because it makes you feel safer????? I’m sure that would make customers feel super comfortable with you. Good lord. Just stay home all day everyday if you’re afraid to get shot. Running around in fear of your own life is no way to live.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Buncha paranoid sheep. You gonna put a holster next to your DIAD pouch because it makes you feel safer????? I’m sure that would make customers feel super comfortable with you. Good lord. Just stay home all day everyday if you’re afraid to get shot. Running around in fear of your own life is no way to live.
t. Suburbanite. Deliver the Maywood route then

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.
that statement holds true for every single company that has employees working in a public setting or hell for that matter in a private office setting as well. as long as there are guns there is no real protection from guns. i mean look at this florida situation that involved HIGHLY TRAINED people with guns. they had a wild west shootout in rush hour traffic. now think about letting 10 or 20 or 30 thousand truck drivers tool around strapped with zero training cept for some safety course and range practice and tell me you dont think there would be hundreds of gun related incidents weekly. now have all the other companies that have public employees arm themselves. jeez man you'd be defending yourself from the fed ex driver shooting at you so he can back in the loading dock first.

Justaloader

Is it fear, or is it merely a step towards being prepared?

Last edited:

Faceplanted

that statement holds true for every single company that has employees working in a public setting or hell for that matter in a private office setting as well. as long as there are guns there is no real protection from guns. i mean look at this florida situation that involved HIGHLY TRAINED people with guns. they had a wild west shootout in rush hour traffic. now think about letting 10 or 20 or 30 thousand truck drivers tool around strapped with zero training cept for some safety course and range practice and tell me you dont think there would be hundreds of gun related incidents weekly. now have all the other companies that have public employees arm themselves. jeez man you'd be defending yourself from the fed ex driver shooting at you so he can back in the loading dock first.
Lol If you think the police are some type of marksman.

Highly trained...hahahahahahahahahahah

nobody is forcing anybody to carry. If you want to, than you should be able to. As long as you are following local and federal law.

with your mindset the police should be the only ones legally allowed to he armed.... how did that work yesterday?

Last edited:

LaTulla

If you can’t see that we’re just sitting ducks, then there’s no help for you. I certainly always slept better at night knowing that just outside the walls of where I slept someone was pointing a :censored2: load of .50cal machine guns at the bad guys. But I digress...

Being able to defend yourself is not the same as living in fear. Let’s see a gun pointed at you and yours and see how far your putasos get you

Faceplanted

Also to add, as a ups driver, if you currently live in a state with ccw laws. On an average day you provably have 50-100 people within a 50 foot radius of you armed per day. People who have ccws don’t just run around shooting people contrary to popular beliefs. I’m fairly certain I’ve read statistics where shootings where a ccw holders is involved, there is a less or a chance of an innocent person getting shot compared to police officer. I’ll look for the statistics later.

AwashBwashCwash

Highly trained at gunning down civilians maybe.
That was gang violence, retaliation murder for those guys popping off on THEIR turf.

Reminds me of that scene from Men in Black where Will Smith is training to be an agent and doing the shootout simulation and just instantly blasts every cardboard cutout that pops up regardless of who it is.

Indecisi0n

These old guys at work can barely handle a DIAD and you want them to carry and be ready to fire a weapon !

Justaloader

Highly trained at gunning down civilians maybe.
That was gang violence, retaliation murder for those guys popping off on THEIR turf.

Reminds me of that scene from Men in Black where Will Smith is training to be an agent and doing the shootout simulation and just instantly blasts every cardboard cutout that pops up regardless of who it is.

Will Smith only shot the little girl in the head - and explained why. It was the other "agent hopefulls" that shot anything and everything that moved (all of which were carboard cutouts of aliens, which is what they were supposed to be shooting at).

Incase you need a refresher:

Yolo

Idk man. We have way too many drivers with anger management issues. Some of these guys flip their :censored2: over the littlest things. I don't think giving them guns is going to help