Drivers that come in early

UrFellowUpser

Is it normal for drivers to come in like a half hour early? I only ask because one of the drivers that i preload for does this on a consistent basis. She rearranges the truck and have me help her and it slows me down towards the end of sort.I load the truck according to the pal label and dont give her misloads and give her a clean load everyday. Im i doing somthing wrong or is it just the methods drivers do from time to time? The other 3 drivers i preload for dont do this and i hardly even see them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Is it normal for drivers to come in like a half hour early? I only ask because one of the drivers that i preload for does this on a consistent basis. She rearranges the truck and have me help her and it slows me down towards the end of sort.I load the truck according to the pal label and dont give her misloads and give her a clean load everyday. Im i doing somthing wrong or is it just the methods drivers do from time to time? The other 3 drivers i preload for dont do this and i hardly even see them.

She's probably working off the clock and stealing work from you. Both no-nos.

And, it seems she is interfering with your work.

Grieve it.

UrFellowUpser

I actually like her and dont want to get her in trouble. Shes the only driver that i have some type of relationship with and she brings me breakfast sometimes. I respect her alot. Shes the only female driver in the whole hub and shes like 5ft 4.

UrFellowUpser

I know she was talking about dispatch putting her packages for the same stop in different locations. Like i would have alot of bulk for walmart to go to the RDR spot. Then i would get some for the 2000 spot and 6000 spot but they have same address on it. I think thats what it is. I try to keep all that stuff together but sometimes you just dont have time to read the whole label just that number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know she was talking about dispatch putting her packages for the same stop in different locations. Like i would have alot of bulk for walmart to go to the RDR spot. Then i would get some for the 2000 spot and 6000 spot but they have same address on it. I think thats what it is. I try to keep all that stuff together but sometimes you just dont have time to read the whole label just that number.

I deliver to Walmart. Sounds like the dock packages are RDR while the inside deliveries are being PAL'd elsewhere. It shouldn't be that hard for you to catch those and load them all together.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yeah she's working off the clock to help herself and help the load be more optimized to the way she plans to deliver that day. The working off the clock part is wrong. But I can't lie, if I have a flight to catch after work and didn't ask for an 8 hour day I come in early to ensure that my truck is optimized and no misroutes so I can burn the route up. Her doing it everyday is cheating herself money. Also you gotta let her know that you can't exclusively help her when you have 2 or 3 other trucks on your set you have to load. On those rare occasions that I come in early the preloader will see me and just stack the packages in the back and I'll load them myself.

UrFellowUpser

QUOTE="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 2395031, member: 12570"]I deliver to Walmart. Sounds like the dock packages are RDR while the inside deliveries are being PAL'd elsewhere. It shouldn't be that hard for you to catch those and load them all together.[/QUOTE]
You right i try to catch them

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
She's stealing money out of your pocket. Man up and file.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I deliver to Walmart. Sounds like the dock packages are RDR while the inside deliveries are being PAL'd elsewhere. It shouldn't be that hard for you to catch those and load them all together.

Thing is, for preloaders it IS harder. They are trained to look at the PAL label only, not the actual address label like we do. If it's an easy number like 2000 or 6000 then it MAY be easier for him to remember those and put them in RDR. Especially if there's a lot of them or the packages are distinct looking. But if it's like 3 obscure packages with a PAL of, say, 2346 and 6328 you can't expect him to remember to pull that off with 2 or 3 other cars to worry about as well.