Drivers: Your Every Day Carry (not guns!)

SLW

I see there's a similar post from over 10 years ago, but a lot has changed (doubt many of you are carrying XM radios, for example), so I wanted to start an updated thread. I am brand spankin new to this, so nothing from me yet.

So what do you make sure you carry everyday, on your person and in your car?

Feel free to be super detailed, too, e.g. I like 32Cool undies and Magnum boots.

542thruNthru

I don't carry anything. I have a large tote in my truck with everything I need. Ain't that right @Whitelightning1534 ?

If you're new. I suggest these things.
External battery for phone
UPS pens
UPS info notices
A small flash light
And a lunch depending on what type of area you are in.

That's pretty much all you need.

charm299

I see there's a similar post from over 10 years ago, but a lot has changed (doubt many of you are carrying XM radios, for example), so I wanted to start an updated thread. I am brand spankin new to this, so nothing from me yet.

Feel free to be super detailed, too, e.g. I like 32Cool undies and Magnum boots.
Vaseline

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not a damn thing other than my wallet. People make this job way more complicated than it is

GenericUsername

Since I'm a cover driver, I carry a backpack daily. My personal things I bring are a towel, extra change of clothes, rain coat, wipes/paper towels, tylenol/advil, pepto, and a phone charger (only sometimes.) I also carry in it UPS supplied pens, info notices, envelopes, and a few of the assorted paper labels for those super random pickups that don't have a label. Soon I'll be adding a flashlight back to my stuff and start bringing my Switch with me to work for those really long days.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Since I'm a cover driver, I carry a backpack daily. My personal things I bring are a towel, extra change of clothes, wipes, tylenol/advil, pepto, and a phone charger (only sometimes.) I also carry in it UPS supplied pens, info notices, envelopes, and a few of the assorted paper labels for those super random pickups that don't have a label. Soon I'll be adding a flashlight back to my stuff and start bringing my Switch with me to work for those really long days.
Half of that you probably don't need to carry but nothing wrong with using a backpack. Not because of stuff you HAVE to carry but items for yourself. You end up spending half your life in a brown truck so nothing wrong with having things for your own comfort and down time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Water
Lunch
Power supply for charging phone, earbuds, whatever.
Bluetooth speaker
Airbuds
Paper towels
Flashlight
Motrin

Also, rain gear, warm clothes, dry socks extra t shirt depending on weather and season.

GenericUsername

Half of that you probably don't need to carry but nothing wrong with using a backpack. Not because of stuff you HAVE to carry but items for yourself. You end up spending half your life in a brown truck so nothing wrong with having things for your own comfort and down time.

I have a bunch of drop boxes I cover on some of the routes which seemingly run out of supplies/aren't replenished often enough by the normal driver. I've also had 3 occasions over the past few years of having to do a pickup and the person not having a label. I just like to be prepared.

Nolimitz

I drive about 300 miles and maybe 20 stops max.... Ha. Kindle and lunch for the side of the road. charging cord and plug. Van has cruise power windows and A/c suck on that. quick stop for fuel and breakfast. I do not make UPS wages however.